1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Toyota Prius 2005 (Gen 2) Hybrid Battery PERFECT WORKING CONDITION

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by rocknroll9225, Aug 27, 2018.

1. rocknroll9225

rocknroll9225 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm selling a 2005 Toyota Prius (Gen 2) Hybrid battery, recently fully refurbished by Hybrid Battery Repair, the highest rated Prius battery repair service in Los Angeles. Comes with an 18-month transferable full warranty. This battery works in all Prius model years from '04 - '09. The battery is in absolute perfect working condition, and has been load tested on each of the 28 cells as well as the main wiring. Located in 90028, $1000 OBO

Attached Files:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Who rated hybrid battery repair service? Do you have a link to their ratings?

scona and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How did you come across this batery?
    Is it from your personal car?

4. rocknroll9225

rocknroll9225 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    V
    To be entirely honest, yes. My apologies if this is against forum rules/etiquette, just figured I'd have better luck here than craigslist. I was referring to their rating on Yelp, that's how I found out about them.

I purchased it from Hybrid Battery Repair in LA after getting the large red triangle light on my dash. We found out that the battery wasn't the issue, but by that point I had already purchased it. I had to end up scrapping the car, but since the battery was essentially brand new I took it out before getting rid of the car in order to make some of the money back. The battery was tested by the person who installed it and is still in perfect working order.

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The battery from a 2005 car is not essentially brand new. It's essentially 13 years old.

I'm sorry you junked the car but you should have sold the battery with the car for $1000

6. rocknroll9225

rocknroll9225 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's essentially brand new from a functional standpoint. All of the cells have been replaced. It's no less "new" than if you were to buy a refurbished battery from a Toyota dealer.

7. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think you want to represent the battery as NEW, unless it actually has brand new cells in it.

If it has brand new, never been used, cells in it then $1,000 is a smokin' deal.

But based on the original post I thought it was made up of previously used cells. So basically this is a USED battery not NEW.

If possible you may want to charge it up occasionally if it is going to be sitting for more than a week. Used batteries can get out of balance much more quickly than new ones.

exstudent likes this.
  8. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Used/Reconditioned/Remanufactured/Rebuilt NEW
    Toyota has/had very few approved remanufactured HV Batteries. These were only available in California. This would be of superior quality vs Frankenstein HV Batteries. The price difference between Toyota rebuilt vs 100% NEW was very small; a prudent person would spend the few extra dollars and buy NEW.

upload_2018-9-26_0-38-14.png
    Since you don't know, online reviews should be viewed with guarded suspicion: lots of fake reviews.

And what led you to decide you needed a new HV Battery, only to realize you did not?

FYI, $1k for a Frankenstein HV Battery with a 1yr "warranty," is a lot. You may get lucky and find some unsuspecting person to take your loss off your hands.
    For $800.16 more, you can get a 100% NEW OEM HV Battery that will give you proven longevity and reliability vs a USED Frankenstein HV Battery.
    2007 Toyota Prius Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

#8 exstudent, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018