1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius 2010- T Spirit vvti : Low beam not working.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Kanishka Withanawasam, Sep 12, 2024 at 4:26 AM.

1. Kanishka Withanawasam

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

My Toyota Prius’s low beam both lights are not working. Also, the dashboard indicator for low beam not working. I tried removing the bulb and checking the element, but the element is not blown. I checked the manual but there is no specific fuse for the low beam.

please can someone help me to fix this ?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't know that model car they don't have this model in the USA so I don't know whether you have HID lights or halogen headlamps sounds like they might be HID I intensity discharge that means there's a ballast and all of that and if they are HID you don't have high beams you have shutters that drop and open up the full amount of light that is your high beam low beam the shutters closed and your shut it off at a certain cut off the best way I can explain it so if you find out what kind of lights you have you've got to start it would seem to me though with not any indicator on the dash but there's either something wrong with the switch or the body control module possibly I guess or if there's a separate lighting control module that one I would think there would be some sort of code for the lights not working but then again maybe not I don't have a list of all the codes these cars can set.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If it's like the 2010 in the US, there wasn't an option for HID, but the two options were halogen and LED.

Are you saying there is no light when the stalk is in the low-beam position, but there is light in the high-beam position?

What happens with instrument cluster indicators when the stalk is moved between low-beam and high-beam?

In the US, there is a green 'light bulb' icon whenever the headlights are on at all (low or high beam), and an additional blue high-beam icon only when high-beam is selected.