1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius = beef jerky?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by briloop, Jul 9, 2007.

1. briloop

briloop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    CNN

Cristian Crespo of Valley Village, California, said he found it ridiculous that automakers hadn't yet come up with a way to combine fuel efficiency with luxury provided by a SUV.

"It's not that Americans don't want to be environmentally friendly, it's just that we don't have much of a choice," he wrote. "As an SUV driver, telling me that my only alternative is a Toyota Prius or a Honda Civic is like telling me to eat beef jerky when I'm used to filet mignon."

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually it's more like offering a healthy salad when they've had a diet exclusively of Big Macs.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Or like wanting a salad to *look and taste* just like a Big Mac.

boo hoo...big fat American driver can't have luxury, performance, and economy in one package...one thousand little tiny violins play, "My Heart Bleeds for You."

4. Ehash

Ehash New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(briloop @ Jul 9 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]475682[/snapback]</div>

I saw this and thought immediately of this feisty crowd! :p

I'm offended that this gluttonous SUV driver (who has likely never been in a Prius) will call what many believe to be a REALLY NICE car "beef jerky"!!! How the heck does he know what the Prius is like, or what it can do? I know, I'm assuming he knows nothing of the Prius, but his only descriptor is "SUV driver", so I can only assume...

...and hey, I like salad, AND beef jerky!!!!

5. nytimez

nytimez New Member

I happen to love beef jerky. I had no idea, though, that my love of beef jerky made me predisposed to buying a Prius.

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm a vegan.
    I find the comparison of my tree-hugging, dirt-worshipping, environmentally friendly choice of driving a Prius to a dried piece of dead cow to be offensive.

(Okay, I'm not really all that offended, because i have a sense of humor. But, really, come on... it's a lousy analogy)

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(briloop @ Jul 9 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]475682[/snapback]</div>
    I thank goodness for consumeristic tools like these every time I look at my quarterly dividend statements of my stocks and mutual funds.

8. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jul 9 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]475801[/snapback]</div>
    Wait, you mean there's real dead cow in it? I thought it was 100% natural and artificial flavors.
    :D

9. pogo

pogo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jul 9 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]475701[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm -- are you all telling me that my wife's RX400 doesn't count?

10. chuck_k

chuck_k New Member

"Beef jerky? There's plenty, you know." --Eddie Murphy in Trading Places

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pogo @ Jul 9 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]475856[/snapback]</div>
    'course not!
    :)