1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius Hybrid Sales

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DolphinC, Mar 25, 2007.

1. DolphinC

DolphinC New Member

I am keen to know what were the setbacks on the initial introduction of the Prius in 2002 then 2004 and how did Toyota deal with these problems?

What Major Macroenvironmental factors affected the introduction and sales of the Prius and once again how did Toyota deal with this?

The above information is for a case study that i am working on at college. This negative information is not available on the website nor at the dealership.
    Please could someone assist me?

Thnx

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius was introduced in Dec 1997. One good book for you to use as a reference is "The Prius That Shook The World" by Hideshi Itazaki.

The pdf is available on this site. It explains all the problems they had with developing the Prius such as battery, overheating, lack of power and so forth.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The setbacks were quite daunting... everything from supply limitations to clueless salespeople to cheap gas. And the misconceptions were abundant.

The most appropriate source of the information you seek is from comments made during that time. Looking back afterward is not the same, the perspective is quite different. That's a mountain of material though. Of course, if your looking for raw facts and are seeking to summarize on your own, then you're set.

My blogs (over 1,400 pages!) are a good place to start, since you can rapidly search the two PDF documents for ideas and common topics over the past 7 years.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Mar 25 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]411980[/snapback]</div>
    Where/how? Search didn't return anything, nor did Features>Downloads.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. itsme

itsme New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Mar 26 2007, 01:30 AM) [snapback]412196[/snapback]</div>
    Great Reading !!! thanks