1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius II keyfob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gergo Barcsa, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Gergo Barcsa

Gergo Barcsa New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello!

Yesterday I ran into a problem, my key for my Prius II does not work, just when I detach it and try it manually. I don't know if it's a sensor problem, I've changed the batteries, also switched the power in the battery of the car.

The problem is that it does not let me start the car, and open the door, just when I insert in it.

What could be the problem and the solution for it?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Gergo

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does the red light come on when you press the fob button?

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When the fob is not plugged in and you're just standing outside the car with the doors locked Do you see a red flashing light that is probably a key then if you push the unlocked button are you saying it doesn't unlock the door and you have to use the metal key to unlock the door? And then of course like said above when you depress the unlock button you see a red light in the corner of the remote or the fob that lights up in correspondence do you touching the button?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is the sks button off?