1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius Li-Ion Battery in gen 3 or 2?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Debo160, May 20, 2021.

1. Debo160

Debo160 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello!!

Today I came across a incredible deal. One of 2 this week. On monday I purchase a 2007 Prius with a bad battery and no cats for a steal of 200 dollars. Then today I got a call about a 2018 hybrib battery for 250. I purchased it to. The person also has a engine for the 2018 that im trying to purchase for a 2011 gen 3 I have with a hole in the engine. My question is it possible for this 2018 Li-Ion batter to fit in either of these vehicles? I have a extra battey that I was going to swap out but wanted to know if anyone has any info or has attempted to try it?

Thanks Folks
    Debo160

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, no. it is a completely different bms. there are a few companies trying to make it work, but no go yet

3. Debo160

Debo160 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    AHHHH That sucks. But for the price I couldn't lose. Im sure they are selling on ebay for at least 600 and up. So I will just do a resell. Thanks

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suspect there's not much of a market/high resell price for li-ion prius packs because they're relatively newer and there's likely no lithium Prius on the road that are facing end of life issues with their pack... But they aren't heavy and a good source of high voltage DC power to have for other project so definitely get it!

One intriguing idea is that people have successfully put newer generation Prius engines in older generation Prius. So if you got the determination you might be able to do expand that same style engine swap to a hybrid system swap as well, which may require grabbing much of the wiring system and ECUs.

There's plenty of people on here with the smarts to help you troubleshoot once you start a project thread on here for it. First step would be reading every existing thread on here regarding putting newer prius engines in older Prius.

5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    edumacated guess?

6. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Since 2007 and cant figure it out yet? Those slackers, and they are being paid? Where do I sign up?!!

7. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :LOL:

Samuel Williams Jr likes this.