1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius needed for film shoot in Los Angeles!

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by priusprints, Mar 21, 2005.

1. priusprints

priusprints New Member

Any Prius owners in the Los Angeles area! I need your help!

I am making a short "mockumentary" film inspired by my own Prius obsession. Sadly I do not own one yet.

I need to use a couple Priuses in my film, to varying degrees. It ranges from just letting your Prius be filmed in the background of a shot wherever you park it to one shot where we need a 2004/2005 model driven into frame.

the dates we are shooting the film are April 1-3.

please pass the word and let me know if you can help!

you can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

thanks!

joel

2. xevious

xevious New Member

Will this entitle my Prius to a SAG card?

;)

3. priusprints

priusprints New Member

sadly, i cannot offer you or your prius a SAG card. i can offer you a free lunch! and the chance to be seen in film festivals all over the place!

4. mspencer

mspencer New Member

Hey, maybe I can talk you into helping with a project idea I had: shoot (and distribute for free on the Internet) some video about the Prius: basic look-and-feel stuff... get a condenser mic inside the car and show how quiet it is when driving engine-off... shoot some technical stuff about the various systems, etc.

My degree's in Computer Science, but I've been reading through this book, "The Filmmaker's Handbook, A Comprehensive Guide for the Digital Age". My equipment is really cheap in places, with a couple of pro components.

Does that interest you at all? Maybe you're already experienced enough with this video-making stuff that your video-making time is worth money. Mine definitely isn't. For the forseeable future, anything I shoot will be given out for free.

Or maybe I can get some pointers? I don't really know what I'm doing. :)

--Michael Spencer

5. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

I just sent you an email and would be interested in participating. BTW I am also an actress so this is right up my alley.

I do think that you should also offer to help cover the cost of gas (I think about a quarter should do it :)).

As stated in my email you can check out my car's head shot in the Album section here on PriusChat.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Take care,

Tisza

6. priusprints

priusprints New Member

all interested parties: my film, Prius Envy, is now in the Amazon.com online film festival at www.amazon.com/screeningroom

you can't link directly to it though, films are viewed randomly, but you can at least check out the competition.

7. Orsino

Orsino New Member

"We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

8. priusprints

priusprints New Member

i'm really confused about why that isn't working. a sure-fire way to get to the festival:

1. go to www.amazon.com
    2. scroll down to the bottom of the main page
    3. on the far left of the page should be some links, including "short film competition"
    4. click on short film competition, then click on the link to Tribeca screening room.

at some point you'll be asked to sign in to amazon.com. you will need an account to view the films

sorry for all the hassle.

joel