1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius, The Most Fuel-Efficient Midsize Car in America, Adds a Sporty New Touring Edition For

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    August 17, 2006 – Torrance, CA - The Toyota Prius, the best-selling gas-electric hybrid vehicle in the United States and the world, offers a more engaging driving experience for 2007 with the availability of a new Touring Edition model. In addition, the 2007 Prius gains standard driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags, which were previously optional.

The new 2007 Prius Touring Edition provides more spirited driving responses due to its European-tuned suspension and 16-inch alloy wheels. The Prius Touring Edition is distinguished externally by the new wheels, a larger rear spoiler, High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and integrated fog lamps.

Full Article

2. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, i'm genuinely ssuprised that noone has commented on this yet... I believe that this updat will continue to draw Americans to give up their SUV and get into a Prius! BTW, I was absolutly amazed at how many Prii I saw in and around the Annapolis, Maryland area last week... you folks in the Baltimore/Annapolis/D.C. area are great!

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Aug 19 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]306073[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe no one commented because they had already read about the Touring edition, looked at the dealer pricing, saw the option packages, and saw pictures — wait for it — on PriusChat! Look around yourself and you can find it all.

I think the DC Metro area is number 2 behind California in Prii per 1000 people, and since it's a much smaller area that CA, you see more. Both CA and DC (actually VA) let Prii drive in carpool lanes, which may be the real reason both have such high ownership, nothing to do with fuel-saving or the environment, those are just side benefits.

4. narussian

narussian New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Aug 19 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]306112[/snapback]</div>
    where are the pictures posted?

5. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narussian @ Aug 19 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]306131[/snapback]</div>
    HERE

6. hamachi

hamachi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Aug 19 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]306073[/snapback]</div>
    What's the best way to get good mileage? I just got my Prius 3 weeks ago and am averaging 38 mpg. :eek:
    Hamachi from Hawaii

7. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamachi @ Aug 20 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]306181[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Hamachi, and welcome to PriusChat. This isn't the right place to ask this question, since it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. You should have looked for a forum about driving a Prius, or used the search function at the top of the page to search for milage or some such. But you're new, so don't worry.

Look at THIS LINK for a good discussion of milage and how to improve.

8. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    hamachi: to start with...drive until the engine warms up...more than 5 miles...accelerate moderately up to 39-41mph, then back off and you will see your mpg read 99.9...anticipate red lights...slow down before you get there...what will kill gas mileage more than anything, is taking off like a jet fighter and getting up to the next red light first and slam on the brakes...

9. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was expecting a big hood scoop and rear wing!