1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Quits Formula One

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Toyota Quits Formula One as Series Returns to Less Lavish Past - Bloomberg.com

Somewhere, Top Gear is saying, "Great ... I think." Actually they don't but that doesn't matter. <grins>

Bob Wilson

2. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  3. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Again???
    Didn't they pull out a few months ago and then reconsider, announcing a reversal of their decision about three weeks ago? Am I confusing Toyota with a different auto manufacturer? I definitely know that someone said they were pulling out, only to announce later that they had reconsidered their decision. I thought it was Toyota.

...just out of curiosity: why is this posted in the "Prius and Hybrid News" forum?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ok, this is weak but the reason for posting here:
    It means they won't be taking money from hybrid development to support the F1 team.

bob Wilson

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium

:) :) :) :)

6. Indyking

Indyking Happy Hyundai owner...

I don't know... Indy, Chicago, Madison (WI)... it
    Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Quite frankly I can care less. These "less traditional teams" like Toyota come and go and they have little impact on the overall quality of the championship. They are just following the steps of Honda, which quit last year, and BMW is thinking about quitting too. As long as the traditional teams [like Ferrari, McLaren, Willians, Renault, and surprisingly Brawn GP (this year's champions)] remain, the F1 race will continue being the elite of automobilist. In fact, next year, the F1 race will have the highest numbers of competitors of the last 7 years despite of the global economic crisis.