1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota recalls 2.17 million vehicles in US to address potential gas pedal entrapment

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Feb 24, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's currently at Yahoo Finance with the headline Toyota recalls 2.17 million vehicles in US - Yahoo! Finance.

More details at Newsroom : Toyota Announces Two Voluntary Recalls and Amends Potential Floor Mat Interference Recall Announced in 2009 / Toyota.

There are a bunch of recalls, but it's all related to floor mats (carpets) and accelerator pedal entrapment.
    See the 2nd link for specifics.

2. tpfun

tpfun New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why are Toyota drivers more susceptible to the "floor mat caused the car to accelerate uncontrollably" failure ?

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't see this as anything much more than Toyota doing the right thing.

The only thing remotely disturbing is evidently the expansion of this recall was predicated by the NHTSA investigation...NOT initiated by Toyota themselves, until AFTER the NHTSA investigated and "asked" them to expand the recall.

If Toyota wants to demonstrate a real commitment to change and safety..then they should be pro-active not reactive.