1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota recalls one million cars globally

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Expedition, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expedition

Expedition New Member

2. BVISAILMAN

BVISAILMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your LOSS!! Notice Toyota is recalling these cars to fix a defect that has caused NO problems to date. They will make the repair and in all probability extend the car's warranty to cover the repaired item. Any of the US big four would have waited until lives were lost and then only after the US Government investigated the issue would they have made a recall.

I had a 4Runner a few yers aog with a faulty head gasket....dicovered after the warranty had expired. Toyota replaced it at NO cost to me. Then about a year later They sent me a letter that it shuold be replaced again since the original replacement parts also Might have been faulty. They replaced it again at no cost then extended the warranty on the entire drive train up to 100,000 miles of 7 years.

This is how you treat customers and keep them loyal to your brand. The big four and others have forgotten that it is sometimes how a customer is treated AFTER the sale that determines how well they like their car.

I am sure my new 2006 Prius will give me years of trouble free driving.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< You might know an Expedition driver would nearly DOUBLE the actual recall count.

565,000 is the actual count. It's not worth my time to research the Ford recalls.

Remember the old truism Fix Or Repair Daily. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 30 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]262937[/snapback]</div>
    Not that I'm defending him, but Toyota had more recalls last year than Ford. Or Chrysler. And they were very close to GM.

5. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 30 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]262937[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, it is closer to 1 million. 565,000 is the number in Japan. There will be an additional 400,000 internationally. At least that's what several articles, including the one posted by Expedition say.

Expedition is a troll, of that there is no doubt. But is his post really any different than what JackDodge posts?

Yet another GM recall, GM's POS du jour

6. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

What kind of dickweed posts negative commentary on a website dedicated to users of a car they do not own. Me thinkith the size of one's car-ith tis proporionate to the lacking size of one's......

7. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(savingtheearth @ May 30 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]263000[/snapback]</div>
    Having trouble here with translation of the above. Thinking it might be an arcane form of English, I tried English to French, then to Italian....no response. Then tried English to Spanish and bingo: Yo thinkith el tamaño de su proporionate de los tis del coche-ith al tamaño que carece de su.

Can't argue that(or understand it, either) :blink: .

8. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Or the alternate truism: Found On Road, Dead.

Remember: Friends Don't Let Friends Drive FORDS.

9. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Why do you care what we drive? How much time do you have on your hands? 1) you look up a recall on a car you do not own and probably do not want! 2) you create an account on a board just to bash the car 3) and finally I get 500+ miles on a 25$ tank of gas with my car, you get like what 8mpg! I am completely happy with my car.

I know to you we are just a bunch of fags who drive a Prius.

Honestly I can care less that you have money to burn.

I do care that you have no regard for the environment. Then again the car you drive does make that statement “I am an over consuming fat lazy wish I had a better life and what is the rest of mankind going to do to solve my problems so I can continue to complain about everyone and everything American.â€

You make America look bad you bastard!

Now do yourself and the rest of humankind a favor and go drink a gallon of Draino!!!!

Sincerely:
    Go F%#$ yourself

Ps suicide is painless!

10. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Had a 96 Camry with similar recall, the tech said they just made sure it is checked... no problem with the system at all.

Better than Ford and their crappy fire cars that seem to happen a lot even after recalls... :lol:

11. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hey I have one of each (Prius and Expedition).

Tell you this, I would much rather have the manufacturer send too many recalls on problems found BEFORE they turn into major issues....

Lest we all forget how many people died in Ford rollovers before they began addressing those issues!

I can't remember the last time I heard of a similar problem in a Toyota.

Let's face it, the Japanese manufacturers are perfectionists, thats why they keep kicking our asses in just about everything.

Why do you think that Ford bought into Mazda? They needed to know how to improve the quality of their cars!

And lastly, Expedition, nice STOCK picture of an Expedition. With all of the ways to customize one, all you could do was copy a stock photo from somewhere? 19 posts since September of 2005? Wow, you are a quick thinker! :blink:

12. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Volvo (2000, so it was a Ford) was a LEMON. Not only that, but Toyota has already posted on this site to let us Prius drivers know what's going on and provide an 800 #. Would Ford do that? No...I think not.

Getting warranty/recall service from them was horrendous. I took my Volvo in once because the blinkers and headlights were intermittently shorting out ("click click click" from the switch area and then no lights or signals until evening when it cooled off). I made an appt with the idiot "service advisor I was assigned to, took the bus to work (I kid you not...they declined to give me a loaner because they were "all out for the day"). It was cool when I dropped it off, so everything was working. I got a call that everything was ready for me that afternoon. Great. I take the bus 25 minutes over to the dealer service dept, where they proceed to tell me that "there were no codes logged" so there can't be anything wrong. HELLLLLOOOOOO? Ummmm...the customer reporting an audible short and no turn signals or lights requires something more than plugging in a computer and saying that because there was no code there's nothing wrong. They did keep the car (and provide me with a loaner at that point only because I INSISTED) and take it apart and find the problem.

Long story short(er) that car had warranty issues with everything from the seatbelts not retracting/locking properly (like...they wouldn't have protected me in an accident) to the radio/CD player simply quitting, to the headlights burning out every 3K miles ("not a warranty issue because "they're high voltage lights and it's a normal thing"...yeah right.) The thing started burning oil last year in the middle of a long roadtrip to Utah in summer at 37K miles. I was told it was because I didn't change the oil (I have every receipt for the oil changes with synthetic oil every 3-4 K miles.)

Tjis guy is complaining because he couldn't hope to have this kind of service from his car company and because he' PO'd about how much it's costing him to drive that humungous beast he owns. But I still find this cartoon funny.[attachmentid=3640]

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  14. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

How do you know if your car was built between September 2002 and November 2005?

15. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busyrosy @ May 30 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]263258[/snapback]</div>
    Open the driver's door and look at the upper right corner of the black sticker on the car body. Given the date you picked yours up, it's unlikely you're affected. I picked up mine in mid-January and was built 12/05.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ May 30 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]262947[/snapback]</div>
    He's clearly a troll if you look at all his previous posts.

16. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ford Expedition:
    Good thing that beast has a 28 gallon fuel tank. :eek:
    $2.90/gallon X 28 gallons = $81.20 per fill-up

11 MPG City X 28 gallons = 308 miles per tank / $81.20 = 26.3¢ per mile (OMG! Over a Quarter per mile! :blink: )
    18 MPG Highway X 28 gallons = 504 miles per tank / $81.20 = 16.1¢ per mile

Toyota Prius:
    Good thing we only have an 11.9 gallon tank. :p
    $2.90/gallon X 11.9 gallons = $34.51 per fill-up.

45 MPG City X 11.9 gallons = 535.5 miles per tank / $34.51 = 6.4¢ per mile.
    50 MPG Highway X 11.9 gallons = 595 miles per tank / $34.51 = 5.8¢ per mile

The Expedition cost 2.35 times more to fill up, yet travels 91 miles less on the highway and 227 miles less in city driving - and it costs over four times as much to drive in the city and 2.75 times as much to drive on the highway.

Put it this way:
    IF the Expedition had the Prii gas tank, it would only go 131 miles in the city, and 214 miles on the highway before needing another tank of gas.

Oh yeah, WE were brainwashed into buying OUR vehicles. :rolleyes: :lol:

[Real world Expedition mileage from http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/bassboard/trai...owing/T5127.htm
    Extremely conservative Prius mileage from here on PriusChat.]

IF the Prius cost us four times as much to drive in the city, we would probably act like “Expedition†and go to a Volkswagen site and talk crap. :rolleyes:

17. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 31 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]263280[/snapback]</div>
    This is a good example as to why we need a GAS GUZZLER TAX. If people can afford the gas and tax for their hog, it will benefit the rest of us. There will always be people that can afford a hog like an eXpedition.

18. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    yep, and thanks to our Prius, my family always goes on expeditions.... and by that i mean loooong journeys. :lol:

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.