1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Reports 11 Percent Jump in Profit

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Nov 7, 2007.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071107/earns_japan_toyota.html?.v=4

"TOKYO (AP) -- Japan's top automaker Toyota said Wednesday its July-September quarter profit jumped 11 percent on solid overseas sales.

Soaring gasoline prices have boosted the appeal of Toyota's hybrid Prius and fuel-efficient models, such as the Camry and Corolla. Although sales were stagnant at home, sales were strong in North America, Europe, Asia and emerging markets.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Toyota Motor Corp.'s net profit for the fiscal second quarter rose to 450.9 billion yen ($4 billion) from 405.7 billion yen the same period the previous year. Quarterly sales increased 11 percent to 6.490 trillion yen ($57 billion) from 5.834 trillion yen, the company said in a statement.

The immediate future looks promising too.

Toyota raises its forecast for the full fiscal year ending March 2008 to a profit of 1.7 trillion yen ($14.9 billion), from an earlier profit projection of 1.65 trillion yen and raised its sales projection to 25.5 trillion yen ($223.9 billion) from an initial 25 trillion yen.

The automaker also lifted its forecast for vehicles sold this fiscal year to 8.93 million from the 8.89 million it projected in May...."

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Malorn....Maloooorn......MAALOOOORRNNN! Are you out there?

Toyota sold 1.497 million vehicles in North America during the first six months of fiscal 2007, up 2.3 percent from 1.464 million a year earlier on robust demand for the Tundra pickup and the Prius.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is just what Malorn is on about, the profit going to Japan. It's a global market and I'm sure if GM made a product worth owning more people would own them.

4. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The deficits are killing this country, both governmental and trade. It can't go on much longer, notice where all the money is coming from to help the US in this latest credit crunch.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nearly 2 months, that was slow.
    I wonder what pecentage of oil profit goes off shore? I wonder how many soldiers defend the supply of Toyotas compared to those deployed to defend the oil supply? And in "the worlds greatest free market economy" what are domestic car makers doing to fix the situation apart from green wash and flag waving?

6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Actually the number of people toyota employs in the United States is roughly equal to the number of US servicemen and women in Japan defending the supply of toyotas. Look at my post in the house of pancakes about the trade deficit and toyota's share in 2006. It was startling to me. I think even I had begun to believe their marketing campaigns.