1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota showcases new electric/hybrid cars

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ggood, Oct 9, 2009.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Toyota to showcase two new electric/hybrid cars this month

[​IMG]

Toyota has announced [JP] it will exhibit a four-seat electric car at the 41th Tokyo Motor Show for the first time (the show opens October 24 and will run through November 4). It’s sized at 2,730×1,680×1,490mm. Visitors will also get to see an update of Toyota’s hybrid car Prius at the show.

The new completely electric model, the FT-EV II (pictured above and below), can be driven for more than 90km on a single charge and is specifically designed for convenient city driving. Toyota will offer, for example, electric sliding doors. But the FT-EV II isn’t for city driving only, as the top speed exceeds 100km/h.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't that the 1/X?

3. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Usually, you can tell how serious a manufacturer is about a prototype based on how realistic the exterior design is. If it looks like it could be sitting on a dealer lot, then they are serious about it. If it looks like something from the Jetsons, they are usually only using it to attract people over to their exhibit so that people will look at their real cars. I've been going to auto shows since I was a kid, and what I just typed is true 99% of the time.