1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Signal Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Shane, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Shane

Shane New Member

I've read a few threads on the JDM Prius Signal Mirrors available from SigmaAutomotive.com, however I can't seem to find a follow-up from anyone who has installed them. Has anyone installed these, and if so, how difficult was it?

Also, if anyone has a picture of them installed, it would be appreciated.

Too bad they don't already come standard. They look nice on other makes/models.

The link for sigmaauto is: http://www.sigmaauto.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I ordered these recently, and I'll post pics and things in my mod thread.

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    DocVijay- I am eagerly awaiting your installation, and documentation of the process, of these mirrors. I have been really wanting to do this but wanted to see it done first so I will know how it works. Please take a ton of pictures, step by step, as you have done with your other mods, so the rest of us can benefit from your work. Thanks in advance- Michael

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have been thinking about these as well. But like cairo, I've also been waiting for someone else to try it first. I'm also waiting for an extra $400 to magically appear in my wallet. I'm not holding my breath on that part though.

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Has anyone seen or used these LED mirror covers Ebay. The colors are only for the '06 but a little paint could fix that.

Wayne

6. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Sep 29 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]325691[/snapback]</div>
    They look the same as the ones from Sigma. Well, at least to my semi-untrained eye. Although a much better price.

7. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have these on my car, that's what they look like when they arrive.

Those are definitely the same mirrors! Wow, what a price!

Nate

8. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's too bad that they don't have my color. :( Otherwise I might have some installing to do.

9. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have seaside. It is available from Toyota, at least. My guess is if you email them and look into it, they can get you the mirrors. Send him the color code.

Nate

10. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have been wanting to do this too, it seems everything out of china is cheap as hell

11. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I e-mailed that E-Bay seller to see if he has those in Tidelands Pearl. If that is the same kit Sigma is selling that is a great price. Can anyone confirm, maybe DocVijay, if that kit on E-Bay is the same as he got or is getting from Sigma? I am tempted to buy the kit if it comes in my color but also the seller has no feedback........should I worry?

12. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Sep 30 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]325986[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't received my parts yet, just ordered them a short while ago. I'm tempted to order a set from eBay just to cimpare, but I don't want to be stuck with two sets. If someone orders the eBay ones, we could post detailed pics that people could compare.

13. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    DocVijay-
    OK, in the interest of helping everyone on this board considering doing this modification, if you want to order the E-Bay mirror/signals, and compare them with the Sigma mirror/signals to determine if they are one in the same, I am willing to purchase them from you and pay the shipping from them to you and then on to me, so long as they are the same item Sigma is selling. Then we would know once and for all if this is a great deal or not. Let me know. [email protected]

14. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  15. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I want in, I have a black 06 package#3, with 5%tint, bumper guard, mudflaps, cargo net, and i want to get this let me know. anyone know how hard this will be '?

16. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, well I placed an order for the turn signal mirrors from the above link, not Sigma. I am a little concerned as they have no feedback, but the have vert prompt with e-mail responses. I also got the mirrors delivered for $120 unpainted, as they do not offer Tideland Pearl since it is no longer offered from Toyota. That seemed like a good price and I epxect it will cost me $65 to have them painted to match the car. Once they arrive I will take some pictures of them unpainted and then painted. If no one else has done it by them I will also post install pictures. I will keep you all advised as to the progress.

17. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I really like these, but if I'm going to go to the trouble of paying someone to install them (which I would) I think I'll wait until I get my 2009. With luck it might have them as an option. If not, at least I know I'll have them for a while. I'm not putting anything more into the 2005 as I'll only have it another 2 years.

18. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Oct 7 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]329491[/snapback]</div>
    Well I can appreciate that. However, in CA they have only approved an additional 10K carpool lane hybrid stickers and I would expect those to be gone by Summer for sure. The bill extends the privlidge until 2011. If that is the case, I do not see how anyone buying a car once those additional 10K stickers runs out will be able to use the diamond lane alone- as we do now. That being the case, it seems, and correct me if I am mistaken, that those cars with stickers become more valuable as no additional stickers will be issued. If that is so, I am keeping my 2005 until I have to get rid of it. Usually that is around 95K miles, but in this case it may not be.

19. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am glad i dont have to worry about the HOV in Florida, lol, but def keep us posted, that guy was very prompt for me too when i emailed him. But I will not be able to get them till prob next month, once i figure out my budget, which i should be able to figure out this weekend. Please give us pics, and install procedures if possible.

20. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 7 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]329462[/snapback]</div>
    I also ordered form the KT-dreamwork site. $130 delivered painted 3R3 (Barcelona Red). I also had very promt emails. I asked about the paint anf they replied that it had the base coat and clearcoat. I don't know if mirrors usually have the flex additive like the bumpers do. Now to wait for delivery. My time is promised for the next month anyway, so it'll be a while before I can install. Maybe you'll have it done and can give me some pointers!