1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota to launch Prius at P2.25m

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    TOYOTA Motor is finally launching its hot-selling Prius hybrid in the Philippines next week, but the ecologically-correct car could carry a price tag of around P2.25 million.

“Toyota wants to be the first to locally introduce hybrid, environment-friendly cars as alternative vehicles,†said Raymond Rodriguez, Toyota Motor’s first vice president for vehicle sales.

Untitled Document

That's a little more than a Camry V6

2. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know if it's worth it for people over there... it's a luxury car price tag (comes to around $47K!) only the wealthy there would be able to afford it.... :eek:

3. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's rather interesting I think, that the only Asian country where the Prius is in widespread use is Japan. Even in other technologically-savvy countries like South Korea or Taiwan the Prius is not particularly popular. In the past few years when I traveled to the ROK or the ROC for business, I don't think I've seen a single Prius on their city streets. :(