1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota US warranty in Canada

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by orenf, Aug 20, 2007.

1. orenf

orenf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Took my '07 Prius to a local dealer, to have the alignment looked at (usual "pulls to the left" stuff).

I was all anxious, what with having bought the car in the US and all. Turns out I was getting worked up over nothing. The dealer here in BC could not have been friendlier (even asked me if I got a good deal in the US...).

Long story short - the problem was diagnosed as the steering wheel not being properly centered. It was promptly fixed, I got a free car wash, and that was that. Warranty covers it all.

Dispelling yet another myth about importing a car from the US.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Openroad?

good to hear!

3. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

I was thinking of taking mine in for the same reason. The steering when going straight is slightly off centre.

Now i just don't know what dealer to take it to. The larges lexus toyota dealer that's part of a network of makes or the local dealer that also does a lot of other ventures on the side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orenf @ Aug 20 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]499558[/snapback]</div>

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 20 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]499565[/snapback]</div>
    Openroad for the win!

5. orenf

orenf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Openroad, Port Moody.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 20 2007, 11:16 PM) [snapback]499565[/snapback]</div>

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah.. I was thinking where the OpenRoad Toyota is.. cause the one on Lougheed changed to Destination Toyota...

Port Moody.. right.