1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Used Car Salesman suggests finding height adjustable seat at overseas wrecking yard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Nov 8, 2009.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I am at Fremont Toyota this morning looking and sitting in a 2007 Corolla seat and checking it out for adapting to fit in my Prius.

I tell the salesman that from what I know, the Japan, UK, and Australian 04 -09 Pri's got the height adjuster mechanism.

Soon after he comes over with a suggestion - just find a wrecking yard in a country that has the left hand driver's seat with height adjuster and have a used seat imported/shipped to me. He's like 'yeah, that's where I'd start looking'.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Anyone know which countries have the left sided height adjust Pri driver's seat?

I didn't take the suggestion too seriously, buying something sight unseen, but you never know.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thought of it, but shipping will most likely make it out of the question, even if you locate one.

I think Germany may fit the LH drive criteria, but I believe that both seats have the adjustment on cars that are equipped, so EU cars, JP cars, and AU cars would probably also work.