1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota workers learn knack of auto production in new global push

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Apr 15, 2006.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "TOYOTA, Japan - At a center for teaching Toyota production methods, workers from around the world learn bolt-tightening by moving dance-like to a metronome and practice paint jobs by studying videos of their performance...."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...421/1148/AUTO01

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i don't doubt that one bit.

their training is downright annoyingly long, in the case of their technicians. especially if you walk in there with any clue as to what you're doing. :mellow:

however their QC is amazing at the production line. something like 5 cars come out defective on any one day and they shut down the whole line to figure out where things are going wrong. i mean, damn.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 15 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]240170[/snapback]</div>

I believe it takes them only 15 mins or so go find a problem, fix it, and have the line running again. i can't recall where i heard this info though.