1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ToyotaCare- Free ER 'n Factory Sched Serv for 2yrs!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SubversiveV, Sep 22, 2017.

1. SubversiveV

SubversiveV New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have you seen this? I don't know if it is new. It doesn't apply to me sadly but wanted to share. I wonder if it means the first two years after you buy it from a specific dealership??

From a newsletter sent by my dealer:
    As part of the Toyota family, you now have access to ToyotaCare,1 a no-cost service plan that provides you with 24 hour roadside emergency assistance2 for the first 2 years of your vehicle ownership, without any mile restrictions. Additionally, the ToyotaCare plan also covers normal factory-scheduled service for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.

24-hour roadside assistance.

With ToyotaCare, you’ll have access to free emergency roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This includes battery jump-starts, lockout protection, emergency fuel delivery, flat tire service,3towing,4 and winching.5 And the best part? It doesn’t cost a thing.

Free factory-scheduled maintenance.

Joining the ToyotaCare family ensures that your vehicle is maintained with Genuine Toyota Parts and serviced by factory-trained Toyota technicians for the first 2 years of ownership or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Toyota-trained technicians will help you fulfill maintenance obligations and help improve your Toyota's overall performance while keeping a complete history of maintenance visits. They’ll even deliver timely reminders before your scheduled maintenance, ensuring you and your vehicle are completely taken care of. Now that’s peace of mind you can count on.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they've been doing this for at least 5 years. it's almost worthless, especially relative to the cost of a new car. but it's obviously a good marketing tool. it comes from toyota, through any dealer when you buy a new car.

also, in the first 2 years, the only maintenance is 2 oil changes, 5 tire rotations if you hit 25,000 miles, and a cabin filter. (if they actually change it) and maybe free coffee and donuts.:p

in the meantime, they try to up sell you for hundreds of dollars worth of worthless services every time you go in.:cool:

edthefox5, Merkey and SubversiveV like this.