1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota's chief test driver (Naruse) dies behind wheel of LFA in Germany

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jun 24, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    BREAKING: Toyota's chief test driver dies behind wheel of LFA in Germany — Autoblog
    Toyota's Chief Test Driver Hiromu Naruse Killed in Car Accident in Germany - Bloomberg

Very sad! RIP. :( At least he died doing what he loved.

More on him at Seat Time with Hiromu Naruse — Autoblog.

2. spinkao

spinkao New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very sad, indeed. He also contributed to Prius development if I am not mistaken.

It was a nasty head-on accident in a narrow blind left-hand curve (from Naruse's point of view), from what I've heard. The BMW was traveling in the opposite direction. It is unclear whether it was him or the BMW driver, but one of them got into the opposite lane, leaving the other guy no chance to react. The guys in the BMW did not fare very well, too. They are both gravely injured. Interestingly enough, they were BMW test drivers in a BMW-prototype, going to test at the Nurburgring track, which Naruse-san was just leaving.

My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed deeply, no doubt.

Sayonara, Naruse-san! Your spirit shall live forever in the great cars you contributed to.

3. ManualOnly

ManualOnly New Member