1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota's Digital Hub for Cars

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by darkhorse, Sep 23, 2004.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

From Gizmodo ,

Toyota is showing off their new "Toyota Hub" at the Mondial de l'Automobile this weekend, a centrally-linked integrated system that orients around a removable PDA, connecting together the PDA, cell phones, MP3 players, and cameras into an all-in-one system that intelligently uses the car itself for things like sound and tactile interface. The best part? This isn't just a concept system - Toyota plans on offering it as an option as soon as next month. :mrgreen:

News doc in French , or Google translation .

I wonder if the target car will be the Prius, which seems natural to me... I didn't think I'd be trading in my '04 so soon!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    Does anyone know if this is based around a standard such as USB, or will we end up in the same old situation where only Toyota-sponsored gear will work in a Toyota car?

4. 500VDC

500VDC Junior Member

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Please don't take offense at this, but I'm very surprised that France is where this would be introduced.

I've dealt some with the European markets for instrumentation, and I've always thought of Germany or Japan as more "gadget-centric" as a population (or, more specifically, as a market).

I.e., if you're selling PDAs, how big a market do you find in France vs. Germany (averaging for the population of each country).