1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Toyota's New AI Reduces Eco Impacts By 10 Percent

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by PriusCamper, Jan 18, 2024.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota's greenwashing AI 'eco-copilot' is fake, but the prank makes a real point

“Toyota” announced a new eco-conscious AI copilot at the DC Auto Show yesterday, which promises to reduce environmental impact by up to 10% – but it turns out the whole thing was a prank, and the prank makes a real point about Toyota’s tendency towards greenwashing.

The announcement involved a press event at the National Press Club, along with official-looking press release and even a whole website. The press release fooled some (including Carscoops, who then issued a mea culpa). But it was all organized by pranksters, not Toyota itself.

The Yes Men are a group of pranksters who have targeted several large companies in the past, mostly to bring attention to the environmental wrongdoings of these companies. For example, in 2004 they posed as representatives of Dow Chemical and promised that the company would clean up after the Bhopal Disaster, leading to a temporary $2 billion drop in the company’s market cap.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A previous owner of three Prius, Southeast Toyota has nothing on the local dealer lot that is even slightly interesting. However, I did buy a used 2017 BMW i3-REx from a Toyota dealer in Florida last August.

Bob Wilson