1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota's VIP-RS3200 Security System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by randalla, Apr 8, 2004.

1. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just got my car back from the dealer yesterday after having them install the Toyota VIP-RS3200 Plus Security System. The dealer didn't provide any kind of instruction booklet at the time that I picked the car up. Has anyone else had this system installed and if so did you get any kind of instruction booklet with it? Is there anything special about the system aside from using the lock/unlock features on the key fob to activate/deactivate it as well as the panic button?

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    RS3200 isn't an option for a #9. My *guess* is that it's part of the anti-theft system I wanted in either a #8 or #9 but had to go with #9 to get a car at all. I was sitting in the unstarted car for a while making out my checkbook, and the horn started honking, so I must have tripped SOMETHING. No Viper-like siren, but OK I guess.

The glass-break sensor is an option, and after I read that it would pick up a slap against the side of the car I'm starting to think I should get one...