1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TP2007 Long Drive Continuous Beep Sound with all symbols lit up in Dashboard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sundar Jay, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Sundar Jay

Sundar Jay New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    1) TP2007 Long Drive Continuous Beep Sound with all symbols lit up in Dashboard.
    After a trip of around 50 to 75 miles, my Toyota Prius 2007 is making a continuous Beep Sound with all the symbols lighted on the dashboard, On stopping the car and restarting works normally. This happened after driving to 50 to 75 miles. My hybrid battery is a refurbished one. Is this because of the hybrid battery failure?
    How can I check this as now it is working normal?
    2) TP2007 Airpressure yellow symbol is always on. What is the issue and how to diagnoise?
    Your reply will be very helpful.
    Sundar

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    sounds more like a brake issue. your car has logged trouble codes, hook it up to tech stream to read them
    by tp2007, do you mean a 2007 touring prius?

how many miles on her?

check the tires pressure

3. Sundar Jay

Sundar Jay New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks. TP2007= Toyota Prius 2007. Mileage 150K. Will check the tire pressure and let you know.
    1."your car has logged trouble codes, hook it up to tech stream to read them" You mean to say that I need to take the car to the Workshop which has code reading system and to connect the car for code check and get the codes- Right?
    2.By your experience, do you think it it is only due to brake issue and not connected anything to the refurbished hybrid battery?
    3.Will the error codes on the scanning system, will it tell the error code and related root cause, when the Toyota Prius is up and running without any issue ( as of now), even though I am unable to reproduce the long beep, all symbols lit on dashboard scenario now ( It did happen when I took long drive two times Apirl 2019 and yesterday July 30, 2019)?
    Thanks for your immense help.
    Sundar

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    1) correct

2) i do not recall ever reading about a bad hybrid battery making a continuous beep

3) the codes get logged from the incident, and stay there unless someone disconnects the 12v, or it goes dead.
    the codes then need to be referred to the service manuals troubleshooting trees

5. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure your tires are properly inflated then reset the TPMS system as shown in the owners manual. If the TPMS light is still on you have 1 or more bad TPMS sensors. Originals would be over 10 years old so that’s probably the problem.

As far as the beep how do the brakes feel when the lights are all on?

6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I get that sustained beep and red triangle if I open the driver-side door with the car in Drive... Is that the same problem with your car or different? If so maybe your door isn't fully closed or you have a bad pin switch on your door?