1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I noticed for most of the scan tools that work with TPMS and their sensors and cars that have this it always says in the beginning of the instructions put the car or the TPMS system in the relearn mode the car part not the TPMS computer that I'm using but the automobile so do our generation twos have a relearn feature or is that the equivalent of pushimg button under steer wheel??? If there's no way to put this car into that mode then I guess it's manual entry only of the codes that is for the sensors.

2. MAX2

MAX2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I enter the marking codes of the new sensor for each tire via Techstreаam in case of replacing one or more tires with a new sensor.
    The button under the steering column does not automatically enter these codes.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The button under the steering wheel only causes the system to remember the currently-read tire pressures as being the pressures that you want.

Registering the IDs of transmitters is done over the OBD port.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The newer cars like my 2022 Rav4 have a screen initiated relearn mode where the car listens for your TPMS sensor’s rf transmissions and then updates their ids into the vehicles TPMs ecu automatically. Gen2s and 3’s don’t have this capability so they need a new sensor id to be written in manually with Techstream or another scanner with similar capabilities.

There are aftermarket TPMS specific tools which can force a sensor installed in a tire to transmit Its id and data. That tool can then write the ids into a gen2 or 3. Most tire shops have this kind of tool.

Finally there is one sensor that can be configured to the same id as another sensor. This can be useful for a set of winter tires setup with the same ids as the summer tires.