1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRAC cars for rent

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dianne, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

My dealership now has 5 TRAC cars, with 5 more on the way!

I ordered 10 (the maximum one could possibly order) last September, thinking I'd see them in November and start renting them quickly... but the car's popularity took off like a rocket ship as we all know, & their arrival was delayed slightly. Now, we all know how I feel about all of us SoCal dealers, including me, getting as many as 10 TRAC cars when you are all awaiting your cars. Tease you guys with rentals and not be able to provide your own cars. GRRR. Do not get started on this. We cannot do anything about it, I will not send them back and they are not going to convert TRAC rental units for dealers into retail sale cars. I have tried, tried, tried. If I turn them away, other dealers will get them and I will not have the cars to rent or to subsequently sell as slightly used in 4 months. I did order some unusual cars back then, knowing that package 8 cars would be scarce.

TO RENT for $40. a day, I have, right now, 2 package 9 cars in seaside blue, a silver package 8, a driftwood and a tideland package 8, and a white package 8 as well. If you are purchasing a new car from me, the rental charge for up to 3 days gets credited to the purchase price. :D

OK -- here's the read carefully part!
    I do not handle the actual rentals. We have a service team who does this, writes up the due bills for payment, etc. You have to call them for the rentals and to reserve a car. The phone # for that is either 310-522-2502 (Tommy, the grumpy one) or 310-522-2300 and ask the receptionist for Lou Rumbaugh, my service manager, to arrange a rental.

Just an FYI. My location is Carson, CA, right off the 405 south at the Wilmington Ave exit. (Near the 710).

Dianne 8)