1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRAC Rental Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mau28, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Mau28

Mau28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just wondering if there is a wait on the trac cars, and do they charge just the $40/day rate unlimited miles/or do they charge over a certain amount of miles. Also if one can just rent it for the weekend. THanx!

2. jrawles

jrawles New Member

For the ones at Carson Toyota in SoCal it was $40.00 a day unlimited miles, $35.00 for extended rentals, and ofcourse, you could rent them for ever or just the weekend.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wanted to rent one before buying, but they would not rent their TRAC car. It was their demo. And once they were through using it as a demo, they sold it. But they did let me borrow it, at no charge, for a Sunday, from closing time Saturday until opening time Monday. Considering the scarcity, I'd be surprised if you could find one to rent. But if you look trustworthy and serious about buying, and if your dealership is closed on Sundays, so the car does them no good then, you might be able to talk them into letting you take it for a day. In my case, people are pretty trusting around here, and I think they could tell I was going to buy it but just needed to convince myself.

4. Mau28

Mau28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanx for all the help, ill prob try to contact Dianne at Carson and see whats available and can be done about getting one

5. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    For those of you in the DC area, the Budget car rental office behind Fitzgerald Toyota in Gaithersburg has several Prii for rent. I think their rates are $35/day or $75 for Fri-Sun, both with unlimited miles.

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I ran into the same thing. I need to rent a car for a couple of days next week but the dealer said the best he could do was 1 day. Dang it all :-(

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Granted it's not much help if you actually need to rent a car, but one day was plenty to get the feel of the car, see how comfortable it is and how it handles, and decide that this was the car for me. Also, I wanted to see how much heat it would provide to the cab, and how soon, in our bitterly-cold winter. (It provides more heat, and faster, than my '89 Civic!).

And they didn't charge me anything. They just asked me to return it with the same amount of gas as it had when I took it. - But then, I think they could tell I was hyped up on it and was just that close to buying one.

8. olends

olends New Member

While I was drooling over a base silver prius at one of my local dealerships (Northway Toyota of Latham) one of the sales people came out and applogized that they are not taking any orders for '04s but that they had 3 prius in their TRAC fleet and the rental rate was $25/day. I hope they have a reduced rate for a week rental. I'll check back with them soon.