1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Track my Prius online

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JoanneR, Jun 4, 2010.

1. JoanneR

JoanneR Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am looking for recommendations for a tracking device that I can put discretely in my Prius. I want relatives to be able to track my car online during my long trips.

I've seen them on TV when dads are tracking their daughters whereabouts. Something like they have on Bait Car but not so expensive.

2. Koyanishi

Koyanishi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure what you mean by "discretely", but your relatives can track you via your cell phone, if it is a smart phone with gps.

Probably easiest is to use is "latitude" which is available in many smart phones with google maps, but there is also "Instamapper" and probably other apps I haven't heard of that will allow your friends to keep track of you.

3. JoanneR

JoanneR Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Discretely: If my car were stolen, I would like to have the GPS transmitter device in some hidden spot where the person would likely not see it. I know that Lojack does that, but I want a relative to be able to track me if I am long overdue at my destination. Have to admit that I saw it on some Hulk Hogan reality show where he was tracking his daughter's whereabouts without her knowledge.

It is like the one mentioned on this web site for keeping tracking of your teen. I hear about elderly people in Florida going missing in their car (shouldn't have been driving in the first place) and their relatives should get it.

I have only a pre-paid type cell phone. Don't want to get any fancier than that.

Real Time GPS Tracking Systems and Devices – Live GPS Tracker