1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tracking down the last beep

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LeadingEdgeBoomer, Nov 12, 2009.

1. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    During dealer prep I specified turning off or minimizing the number of beeps the 2010 Prius V/AT beeps at me, using online manual Section 6-2. Now a single beep at Power ON, reverse only beeps once, and there are not supposed to be any others.

However, after starting up and going (forward or reverse), a single beep happens a few seconds afterward, but not the same number of seconds each time. Not speed-related, AFAIK. Since it's not in Section 6-2, maybe this is something I can eliminate.

Ideas?

2. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When you took delivery, did they set up your Blue Tooth? If I'm not mistaken, when your Cellphone connects via Bluue Tooth, it will beep if the connection is made.

Could that possibly be the beep you are hearing?

David (aka Blind Guy)

3. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, they did no such thing, and I haven't gotten around to it myself. In fact, Bluetooth is currently Off in my cell. But thanks for explaining that beep source when I do that configuration. Just came to mind, maybe it is the Safety Connect making contact with its mother ship?