1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tracking my mileage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveR_NJ, Mar 8, 2007.

1. DaveR_NJ

DaveR_NJ New Member

Can anyone suggest a way to track my mileage fuel consumption?

Pen and paper? Slick excel spreadsheet, thanks!

Dave B)

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveR_NJ @ Mar 8 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]402377[/snapback]</div>
    Whatever works best for you is the best way to go. :)

I keep a pen & paper in the car then put the numbers into a spreadsheet. I track both calculated & MFD MPG. If you're filling up in NJ, you won't always get a consistent fill. That's why I track the MFD as well. I've seen successive tanks have MFD averages around 55, but get calculated as 63 and 49. Damn that self-serve!

3. dandude505

dandude505 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveR_NJ @ Mar 8 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]402377[/snapback]</div>

Greenhybrid.com
    Everytime you fill up with gas, you enter how much gas you filled up, and either your miles since last fillup or your overall mileage.

4. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Click on my signature.

that is how I keep track of mine and it also gives me a snazzy sig :)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    PDA--couple programs, I use one called "Highway"...google should help
    Online--GreenHybrid is the original, but rather limited data entry, Cleanmpg.com has more options for data entry and their signature image shows more data...IMO, I'd support cleanmpg.com, but that's a personal preference and I use both sites.
    I keep a pen and paper spreadsheet for back-up and recording each tank. I think Tony had a spreadsheet he circulated at one time and john1701a.com has one you can use as well I think.

6. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    haven't checked cleanmpg... will take a look at it. I would like to see the combine EPA number!

7. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 8 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]402405[/snapback]</div>
    Up until a week ago, I kept the mileage on the gas receipts and entered them into a spread sheet. Unfortunately I have lost one or two of those slips.

I just got a PDA last week and have already started entering that information in it. I'm less likely to lose that.

The added advantage is that I will be able to use Wayne Brown's Prius Palm Simulation program. I hope he gets around to officially releasing it soon.

Dave M.

8. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 8 2007, 03:50 PM) [snapback]402405[/snapback]</div>
    And if you have a Palm device, check out MyCar. I've been using it for almost a year. After each fillup is entered into the Palm, I later enter the figures into both the Greenhybrid and CleanMPG databases.