1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tracking sexual predators...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

..Checkout this link guys. If you plug in your address it will map it, show all the sexual predator locations with the dots, tell you their distance from your home, give all their information, and it also has a picture of them. This is a great feature for anyone who has kids or neices and nephews.

http://www12.familywatchdog.us/

2. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

I see there are a lot from "outside Boston" - hey, isn't that where you live?

4. Hawk

Hawk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]236367[/snapback]</div>
    Our local site has a couple that are not listed on this page.

http://ml.waspc.org/

5. Mystery Squid

Yeah, well not everyone lives in an area where this sort of info. is plentiful. :angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 7 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]236372[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, wanna come on over to my next Republican "party"...?

:D

6. jared2

jared2 New Member

A room full of politicians? Too much fustian and too many coprophagous grins for me.

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]236398[/snapback]</div>
    Please consult a good psychiatrist about that particular delusion. Perhaps the medical profession can help you.

8. jeneric

jeneric New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]236367[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting, but it's probably not the registered ones you really have to worry about.

9. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeneric @ Apr 9 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]237364[/snapback]</div>
    YES....you are corrct. The problem with the registeries is that it gives everyone a false sense of security. Here are some issues...our local registry does NOT list the TYPE of predator. O, I know, they have all thee cute names BUT

I want to know their fetish. If my neighbor lkes pre-pubescent boys, I don't worry about my teen daughter. If he likes to rape women, I am less concerned about my 6 yr old. SEE!!!!!

Also, STATISTICS show that children are most vulnerable to RELATIVES and NEIGHBOR kids, the people PARENTS allow access to their children.

Hey all you Mom's with live in boyfriends...that is statistically the WORSE thing you an do.

Show over substance is what Americans like.

10. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Apr 10 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]237474[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:

Does it REALLY matter WHAT they're into??? C'mon, get real, you would SERIOUSLY be LESS concerned about your teen daughter if it is stated the neighbor likes pre-pubescent boys? :lol: Yeah, OK, that makes a lot of sense... Gee, what if the neighbor can't get his hands on pre-pubescent boys and starts eyeing your daughter? The POINT is, these people have sex related ISSUES of one type or another, I wouldn't give a damn what the fetish was, the CORE issue is sex related, and I would exercise equal caution REGARDLESS.

11. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually it does very much matter. It's not like your prefering one type of dessert or another, it is a whole different situation. Say a person is into pre-pubsecent boys, it is likely that they don't aren't even attracted to boys that are fully developed or girls for that matter. Of course, there are some exceptions, but those are exceptions and not the norm. A relevant example could be someone that is afraid of spiders (has a phobia of them). Other insects with 8 legs don't bug them, roaches or whatever don't lead to the physiological arousal that the spiders do. Same general idea with sex offenders. There are many ways to become a sex offender, so a person has no idea how dangerous the person on the list really is.

Schmika is correct about this illusion of safety. A fairly recent (last three weeks or so) a Criminal Minds show touched on this as well. A person is much more likely to be abused by someone they know (family, family friends, etc), the people that parents aren't going to think twice about letting their child spend some one on one time with until it is too late.

12. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micheal @ Apr 10 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]237521[/snapback]</div>
    I still disagree. I see the points you and schmeek have brought up, but the reasoning doesn't go far enough. These are people with noted, established, sexually related issues. I would, most certainly, NOT gamble the safetly of a loved one simply because so and so prefers young boys as opposed to older women. The old saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..." applies to this situation. I have absoutely no interest, want, need, or even curiosity, to differentiate between different types of sex offenders. I am knowingly, and appropriately, pigeon-holing all of them as equally "risky".

13. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You are certainly entitled to designate all of them equally risky. It doesn't make it true or appropriate. The statistics and research is clear on that there is a difference in risk. The fact is that we should be wary of everyone around us and not focus on the sex offenders as the ones to watch out for.

The fact that their crime was sex-related doesn't mean they are addicted to all kinds of sex and sexual partners. Just like because some is addicted to meth that they have an equal addiction to alcohol. Just keep in mind when you find the sex offender in your neighborhood, if you neglect the neighbors, the family friends, the teachers, you are most likely missing the ones who are most likely to get your daughter or son.

We need to be teaching our kids to mindful of anyone acting inappropriately toward them and have clear lines of communications about what to do if it happens. This is regardless if they are never around any registered sex offenders.

14. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micheal @ Apr 10 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]237564[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I'm fully aware of this, and it is appropriate. Whether or not you choose to accept this, I care not.

Big deal. I'm excluding (or including, depending upon how you look at it), the WHOLE class. I don't care of the different variations, I'm sure not all serial killers are alike either... It's just like saying, "Oh, some GM cars and better than others..." whereas I choose to simply NOT get ANYTHING by GM in the first place...

Who said anything about focusing on sex offenders ONLY? Seems like that's what YOU'RE saying. Obviously there is a "general" weariness factor, and sex offenders get that nice "PARTICULAR" weariness factor. Again, these are people who have been convicted, proven, of some sort of sexually-based crime.

Again, big deal. As I've mentioned before, they are one big, grand, category of risk. There are NO negatives to blanketing all as equally risky. I know, I know, how intolerant right wing of me.... :lol:

15. Schmika

Schmika New Member

MS, you can't live your life equating ALL risk equally. If you did, you would put yourself in danger in some things and be too careful in others.

A foolish consistency is the hob goblin of little minds (Quoting an unkown person here) You can have very good arguments at times but then you go and become dogmatic on me.

16. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Apr 10 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]237866[/snapback]</div>
    no kidding....

Who said anything about equating ALL risks equally? I don't get why some of you tend to put strange spins on certain things. Maybe I need to clarify, but when it comes to something like sex offenders, I blanket ALL as equally risky. This, by no means, is applied across the board to everything else in life.... Where do you all get this from?

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 10 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]237877[/snapback]</div>
    OK...but this is a subject where your "opinion" is just hot gas out of your a**. They are NOT equally risky. A) you don't have kids, B) you are not married, and C) you have absolutely no credible experience in this realm.

(The above comment is negated if it turns out Squid is A) a sexual predator, or B) had extensive training in the field or comensurate experience in Law enforcement/ corrections.

18. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Apr 11 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]238330[/snapback]</div>
    Karl

Well you never know ... he *does* have a personal web page at the infamous myspace dot com.

BTW your quote from Albert Ellis is absolutely correct

19. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Apr 11 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]238330[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes: Please... You just don't get it do you? It's not about the grades of risk at all, but rather simply excluding the whole class, obviously, you seem to repeatedly fail to get this point. Who gives a crap what the range is, they are proven sex offenders, I am totally not concerned about the grades of risk, there's a mathematical concept called: lowest common denominator, look it up, and you *MIGHT* understand it... ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Apr 11 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]238336[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah well what's worse, that or a "hobby farm"? I wonder what goes on in there eh? ...any little kids go missing in that area? :lol:

20. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay..I feel the need to jump in on this one....First let me qualify myself, I am a supervisor with the Parole Division of Tx Dept of Criminal Justice...In Texas, Parole Division is divided in 2 parts, the District Parole Office (Field office) and the Institutional Division..I work for the Institutional Division...we interview the offenders that are deemed eligible for possible release to parole supervision. Over my career, I have interviewed hundreds of sex offenders. True, the majority of them target victims that are close to them, e.g. family members and friends; but there are the truly sexually deviant that target anyone and everyone, it doesn't matter. Someone's 6 year old boy may trigger something in their mind as much as a 40 yr old woman....to them it doesn't matter. It is a matter of control, Period!

We do a very throrough sexual deviancy evaluation and a risk assessment on each offender that has a current sexual offense or a prior sexual offense or offense with a sexual element. In Texas, the DPS website(www.txdps.state.tx.us) has our Sex Offender database. Depending on the level of risk determined, the level of local notification may include just a notice to school officials and a posting in the newspaper to postcards going out in a predetermined radius (all of which the offender pays for). These notifications list the age and sex of the victim and also will list the risk level...the higher the number, the higher the risk.

One thing that I must mention, is that not all sex offenders are as easy to spot. During an interview, one of my co-workers, several years ago, observed the offender get very nervous and ancy during the time he was in her office. After concluding the interview and doing a few collateral contacts, she learned that the offender had an aggressive history regarding females and had often acted out in sexually inappropriate ways. We interview behind closed doors with the offender and they are not in restraints unless their security level deems it.

Schmika might agree with me in that most pedophiles target young children because they can groom that child into doing what they want and at first the child, especially young children, may not realize something is going on. But in the end, it all comes down to one thing, Control. Where as most of your rapists, it is an anger issue along with the control issue.