1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction battery charge discharge amperage question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Meter guy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Meter guy

Meter guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ive searched around but havent found an answer.

i just bought my 07 prius, im into gauges and will be installing a lot of unusual ones, i like to know whats going on with my cars. i know the main center display shows power flow in and out of battery but i want amperage numbers....im looking to buy a meter for DC amps charge discharge
    and trying to find what range to get. +/- 3, 6 or 10 amps?

or another way to ask is, whats the maximum charging or discharging current from the traction battery?

thanks,
    john

ps, i also plan on installing a 250v dc gauge and a battery temp gauge for it as-well :)

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Look into Priidash, it is software you can run on a laptop. Gives all that info and more.

Google

Attached Files:

Britprius likes this.
  3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    All the info is on the CAN Network.

The battery can source up to 120A at 230VDC and sink 120A at 250VDC under heavy acceleration and braking.

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Priidash is the way to go as Ron said. I found the Windows version the quickest to install, and runs fine with a cheap ELM327 interface £9 UK, $15 US. If the information is not on the screen or in the log files it's not worth looking at.

dorunron likes this.
  5. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. Meter guy

Meter guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    priidash looks like a really cool program, i also looked up the ELM327 interface, some are Bluetooth.

are there any Tablets that have a traditional usb or bluetooth config that work well with priidash?
    im interested in mounting a Tablet near the center console, the other question is, is it possible to shut down the tablet and have it turn beck on to priidash automatically with the ready on status of the car?
    basically if i dont have to shut down and turn on the tablet each trip, the easier it would be to use.