1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction control light and abs light on?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by attyjeff, Feb 18, 2013.

1. attyjeff

attyjeff Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is the third time this has happend in a week I used my torque app but it says no fault codes but the warning lights are clearly lit and wont turn off unless I shut down the car. Its a 2012 with 8,000 mile?

2. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've seen this problem before - on F8L's car. I scanned the vehicle with Techstream and found some communication fault codes stored. I think the vehicle interface that you are using is the cause of the problem, and unplugging it may solve the problem.

This car has many different modules, many of which will require Techstream or an advanced aftermarket scanner (i.e. Snap-on Verus) to read.

3. attyjeff

attyjeff Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You are correct. I have to been busy but last night I discovered that it no longer happens when I unplug the obd and shut down the torque app.

amos likes this.
  4. Maroon

Maroon Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine did that, too. Something to do with the Torque app. I leave my OBDII adapter plugged in and make sure the app is turned off before shut down/start up and haven't had the problem since.

5. attyjeff

attyjeff Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks I will try that

6. mark schofield

mark schofield Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    same thing happened to me today. car is 10 days old 350 miles. with the torque app and obd2 transmitter. 'll remember to shut torque down before turning the car off. thanks

7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Others have reported that their cheap Chinese OBDII units ended up being the cause of their problem, not the Torque App.

akh1685 likes this.