1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trade Fee

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Fiddlesticks, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone else have to pay a "trade fee" for a dealer to bring in a car from another dealer. No one around here has a c4. Dealer wanted to charge me $700 for one from another state and now $200 to swap out with a dealer about an hour away.

We've done this before with Subaru and Ford and never been charged a "trade" fee.

Honestly, I like the car but the dealer network not so much. I've been to 3 - they all feel scammy.

2. dick_larimore

dick_larimore Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's dealership BS. I have bought many cars and you don't pay dealers to find a car..............ever. Besides than, I just bought a C4 from a dealer in Anderson, Indiana. They get a few in a week and frankly, there was no problem in getting the level or the color.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Agree. That high a fee is complete BS.

I did get charged a nominal fee (~$70), included in the price to for the dealer to get an 02 Nissan Maxima GXE from a dealer in another state (about 3 hours drive away). The GXE trim was rare that year (I'd read figures of less than 5% of them were GXE vs. the 2 other trims). Whenever I posted on maxima.org that I had a GXE, people would remark "that's rare".

I got what I felt was a great deal on the car anyway vs. invoice and Edmunds TMV.

4. Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The sad thing is that I could easily drive to the "other" dealer and get the car from them (3 hour drive) for much cheaper than the fee he is passing on to us. Also, I recalled he told us there was no fee for in state transfers and now this shows up. I've contacted another dealership and won't do business with this one either way.