1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Trade Trade my 2009 Leather for your Cloth seats

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by djras, Sep 17, 2011.

1. djras

djras New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We just bought a 2009 Touring #6 a couple of weeks ago. Love the car and 48+ MPG for my long commute is great.

The problem is my wife does not like grey leather seats. She has put towels on all the seats which though it does protect the seats - detracts from the look of the car interior.

Therefore, I am looking for someone in the Southern California area with 2008 or 2009 grey cloth seats in very good (or better) condition that would LIKE leather. My cars seats are in excellent condition. I can do the mechanical work of swapping them.

The obvious alternative is cloth seat covers, but if there is a good swap available that would help 2 people.

PM if interested and we can further discuss details offline.

regards, David

2. goober_nut

goober_nut Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could try some junk yards in your area.

3. D Unit

D Unit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you still looking to trade? We bought a Prius II yesterday and it came with the dark gray cloth option.

4. JeffHastings

JeffHastings Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He has an '09 Gen 2 car; you have an '11 Gen 3 car. I'm not sure the swap is possible if the cars are not from the same model generation, although he'd know more about it than I. Interior, as well as exterior dimensions changed somewhat from the '09 to the new 2010, carried over for '11 so the older car's seats might not fit in yours and vice versa. Unless he can find someone else willing with a Gen 2 car like his, cloth seatcovers are likely his most realistic option.

5. 2Nutz

2Nutz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Quick & easy search on fleabay gets you a set of cloth covers for $200 delivered.

Factory Cloth Seat Covers Gray Toyota Prius 2006-2007 | eBay

Might be your only option,

or listen to the wife complain

:D

6. t8rtot

t8rtot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four

Just an option if you get desperate... I have an '06 Gen II with grey cloth seats. Front seats are in fair/good condition - no rips or tears, but does show signs of daily use on drivers seat. Back seats are in excellent condition, because no one sits back there. Both rear seats are always folded down for the dog. I live in S. CA. Thanks!