1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trade Prius in for a Camry Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Apr 19, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK I'm impressed and very much want one but dang I'm still having so much fun with my Prii.
    List the particulars about your Prii Yr/Model and reasons why/why not please.

Wildkow

2. priusblue

priusblue New Member

The blue is pretty, but I just bought my Prius, and the Camry's mileage is worse in a bigger package than I need/want. Seems to me like it's bigger on the outside, but with no more usable space/legroom than the Prius. Why compromise?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    See sig for Prius info...

The Prius is waay too cool. Sure the Camry has more features for less money than my Prius (in CAD) but I'd rather have my 55mpg than 43mpg. Besides, people here on PC are innovative and are always pushing the edge of cool modifications whether it's lighting, or audio/video entertainment or even performance. I doubt Camry Hybrid owners will be as enthusiastic as we are when it comes to modifications.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Never! I didn't particularly care for the interior set-up of the Camry Hybrid (the navi screen, all of the toggles between function screens, the lack of rear-folding seats), but perhaps it's because I've become so accustomed to that of the Prius.

I chose the Prius as my new 4-door 'family car' because I felt that cars like the Accord and the Camry were too large for me to handle competantly. But I also felt like a Corolla or Civic would have been just a smidge too small on the interior room size. I came from a compact, 2 door Saturn that I had been driving for over 9 years & 180K miles and had become used to being able to park it anywhere. My husband has an Accord, and in all honesty I have the toughest time parking the thing, it's so long and wide I'm always misjudging distances while parking, thus freaking out my husband. :) I like that the Prius has similar interior room to the Camry while at the same time it has that smaller exterior footprint, thus making it loads easier to park it in almost any parking spot. For me, at least. Plus, you can't go in the carpool lane in California by yourself in the Camry Hybrid, but you can in a Prius (with stickers of course). :D

I think I've found the perfect car for me to tell you the truth. :D

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I will one day gladly wave goodbye to my wife's Buick Regal and we will be a two-hybrid family.

I will only trade my Prius for another Prius.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    One reason I got the Prius was that is was built from the get go as a hybrid and not a conversion.

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Same reason I would never get a Honda Civic Hybrid. When a car maker nerfs the trunk space and utility as it happened in both, it makes the entire car crippled and useless in my eyes.

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Camry is not a hatchback. I bought the Prius because it was a versatile hybrid. I would never have bought a Gen I Prius. I love my Prius. :wub:

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    trade my prius? gah! no!

it's just too damn versatile. i can't get rid of something this useful and efficient. no way!

that and, there are going to be so many camrys on the road, one of the perks of the prius is it's still easy to pick out in a parking lot- around here anyway. :)

10. danoday

danoday Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, maybe when they come out with the Solara Hybrid....

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Apr 19 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]242258[/snapback]</div>
    Umm, the Camry Hybrid is the FIRST hybrid sedan with 60/40 split folding rear seats (in NA anyway since Classic owners in other parts had folding seats but our Classic Prius didn't). That's one up on the Accord and Civic

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I answered Maybe but now with some of the reasons given I'm rethinking my position.

13. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I love the camry line, but i wouldn't trade my Prius in for a Camry hybrid. Even though it's loaded with great stuff that i wish the prius had, i don't think i'll be happy seeing the mpg in the 30's in the camry (that is, if it's really in the 30's as the EPA says). :rolleyes: just getting low 40's in the prius is painful enough! :lol:

14. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would only trade my Prius for a EV Rav4.

Ok, Darrell gimme my $100. ;)

15. Ralphmc

Ralphmc Mr Hybrid

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I really like the Camry Hybrid, and the bells and v. on it. One thing I hate on the prius is that I can not get the seats adjusted to sit comfortably, and reach the steering wheel. So the Telescope Steering adjustment and the 8 way driver power seat in the Camry Hybrid is the "ticket" for me. I will first want to drive one on my regular commute to work and back, and see if I can manipulate the Camry as I can the Prius, to continue to achive the better than EPA milage I get now, in the Prius. The Camry Hybrid has a better balance between the Gas and the MGS, so I believe the Camry Hybrid will do far better on milage then the conservative EPA rating. In fact Camry Hybrid is far better balanced then the Power House Highlander Hybrid we own, and it is less havy, and more aero dynamic. Also the passive and active safety features of the Camry Hybrid have me pulling hard towards it. Well then last but not least, the ride is soooo much nicer, and quiter, and smoother and ... o man... How about the sun/moon roof option... leather and heated seats, man that Camry Hybrid is made to keeeeeeep a little longer then just 2 or 3 years...

Ralph

16. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    No way, no how, would I trade in my Prius for anything other than another Prius (see signature for Prius info). I absolutely love my Prius :wub:

17. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gilahiker @ Apr 20 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]242864[/snapback]</div>
    So you are saying you still want a Prius even if there is a better car out there (say a 50 miles PHEV)? :eek: