1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traded my Black Prius C... Left over Shark Fin

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by J.DeAngelis, Oct 24, 2012.

1. J.DeAngelis

J.DeAngelis New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well, about a month ago I decided to trade in my Prius C with 3800 miles on it... Had some electrical issues that had me frustrated and the car kept going into lock down. (Turned out to be the dealer-installed VIP alarm system.... the dealer jacked up a wire harness)

So I began looking at new cars and then after have it towed the 3rd time, they found the culprit wiring. My faith was already broken, and I had my eyes set on my new toy..

I traded in the the Prius C for $22,000 and got my new 2013 Dodge Dart which I have been happy with and modding like crazy!

Incase you were curious, here was my Prius C: IMG_0509 - Version 2.JPG

Here is my new toy:
    IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0612.jpg IMG_0825.JPG

I do still have a Shark Fin antenna that never got installed on my Prius C... its Black Sand Pearl and am selling it. See this thread: For Sale - Black Sand Pearl Shark Fin Antenna | PriusChat

It was good chatting here, and I really did enjoy the 50-60mpg but now I'll have to settle for maybe 40 on the high way. lol

2. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Have fun with the Dodge! Sorry to hear your dealer jacked up the Prius C. Nothing like a bad experience to turn you off to a brand but I'll have to say, my C has been a blast so far. Best Wishes.

RocMills likes this.
  3. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to see you go I'm not a Chrysler fan by any means and I'm still questioning their poor reliability. Good luck.

4. kenp11

kenp11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How and who paid you $22k for the PriusC? I am trying to trade mine in for a Plug-in and have it on Craigslist. Dealer offered my 16k with 7k miles on it. If its a dealer in CA OC area let me know. Thanks

5. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yeah, I know exactly how you feel.

It just take a series of bad experiences to loose faith in a brand. I don't understand why car companies don't realize this and try harder to re-establish the faith.

Good luck with your new toy.

Archaeo likes this.
  6. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

I believe he traded his C4, yours is C1.

7. tom & lisa s c

tom & lisa s c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

8. tom & lisa s c

tom & lisa s c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    sorry to here you had problems .I have a auto parts store dodge and chryslers keep me in business they make up 60 % of sales and only 20% of the cars .NEVER let anyone splice into your wiring for any reason on newer cars you never know how the connections were made and how the after market electronic parts interact with the car .No offence to good techs out there some are not good .

9. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    +1 on this.

On my last car (a used 08 Yaris hatch), someone installed a Karr alarm. It wasn't a bad job, but not great, so I took some time to remove it. I ended up cutting all the wires that were tapped, reconnected them with solder and shrink wrapping them. I HATE, HATE, HATE vampire tap connectors (cutting up 1/4 of the individual wire strands in each tap). I never did understand why anyone would put an alarm on a car with manual door locks. With the darn thing installed, I had to click the fob, then still physically unlock the door with the key... so stupid.

10. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I know the new Dart has had some nice reviews but I never considered it because I canNOT get the image of my Grandmother's blue Dodge Dart out of my head ;-) I was just shocked that they kept the "Dart" name - to me it was like bringing back the "Pinto" or "Gremlin." ;-) Color me shallow, but I didn't think I could face anyone in my family saying "hey, I bought a new car....a Dodge DART." :)

11. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What dealer hacked up your harness?

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

12. J.DeAngelis

J.DeAngelis New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    In my opinion, having the Dart for 3k miles so far.. Chrysler has really upped their game, thanks mostly due Fiat's acquisition of them during the Bail Out and of course the $10B they were given by the government...(which they even managed to profit enough to pay back almost all of it now). Fiat is definitely changing Chrysler for the better, so it seems.

Sorry, Connecticut... Plus it was for the trade-in so I had a bargaining chip! It was a C3 also, with 3800 miles and only 2 months of the warranty were passed.. Their inital offer was 16k, told them I was good and that I had a perfectly fine working car that was brand new and had only 3800 miles.. I did NOT NEED their car... they offered a bit more and I laughed and walked out. Called me the next day to come in and made more offers. Left and next day same deal. Finally day 5th day, I had them in my range and I right where I wanted them.. It helps that my Dodge dealership was smaller, and it was right before end of fiscal year!

Unfortunately, the new Dart has a lot of Not so Dodge/Chrysler parts... their Fiat parts.. atleast on the Dart 1.4T MuliAir fiat drivetrain... I'm not sure what that means for part stores having them, perhaps since its the same company and now the parts are being used on a Dodge brand they will become more available?

Branch Toyota in Watertown, CT... It was an option in the brochure, VIP RS3200 I beleive? It should have been all plug and play from what I was told by the investigating dealership who found the problem finally.... so IDK why they chopped any wires for a plug and play? The other dealership said it looked like they installed and alarm and uninstalled it... (but the alarm was still installed and working so they musst have relocated it or realised it was plug and play?)

And I never let anyone chop wires... it was supposed to be a simple plug-in module like I said..