1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trailer Light Question????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by tigerpilot, Aug 21, 2009.

1. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I'm trying to wire my mini-trailer lights using just the modulight. No probles so far except....I can't seem to find where to tap the rear lights. The stop and turn are no problem but the uppermost lights seem unusual. Does that harness go across the rear where I might find that particular wire.
    Yes...I know all about the Camry connector mod but I choose to tie in directly.
    Thanks...

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I used the Camry connector and it worked just fine. Otherwise tap the same wires running through the connector.

Tom

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I did blow my tail light fuse with a rental boat and trailer. The officer was nice about it and I now carry spares.

Bob Wilson

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You want to use LED lights or install a power booster. The tail light circuit on the Prius isn't designed for much power.

Tom

5. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks to Qbee42. The small 'center' connector was exactly what I needed to find. Used the modulite to protect the circuitry. Working just fine. Very easy to tap into the existing wiring