1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transcript of the final moments of Flight 93....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...93_document.pdf

Take a moment to think about those people. Ever been on a commercial flight as such? Whether it be taking a business trip, or going to Disney World with your family. Think about being on that plane, on that day, in those moments. How would you have felt? How far would you go to make sure nothing like that ever happened again if that was your nice person in one of those seats on that day?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's a question: Who thinks this movie is coming out too soon and who can't wait to see it?

I'm in the can't wait to see it camp.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 25 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]244918[/snapback]</div>

I think I'm in the "I need to see it, but I'm not in a hurry" camp. I do not think it's "too soon", but I have no eagerness to see it. Yet I think it's my duty/responsibility to see it and that I need to see it...almost as a kind of closure to some of those events.

4. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I think everybody, within the age of consent, should be required to see it. Although it could possibly be construed as propoganda, I believe it will bring focus to the war on terrorism. We (as an entire world) have lost sight and the desire to pursue the agenda to stop this type of horrific behavior.
    I don't understand how anyone can claim to be a godly person and kill innocents. It makes me sick!

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 25 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]244918[/snapback]</div>
    Having lived through it, having lost friends and neighbors and patients, I can state without equivication, that it has been too long in its coming. I have not seen a replay of the planes hitting the towers, of people jumping from a 1/4 mile high because it was better than being burned alive, of the towers collapsing, of the dust enveloping lower Manhattan (a dust comprised of human flesh - of 3,000 innocent people), or of the digging out since it happened. Unless you were there ( I ran down to the towers to get my daughter who was an NYU student and who we lost contact with - fearing that the tower toppled onto her dorm located near by was the worst fear I have ever know - thank G-d she was ok) and you felt the fear in the pit of your stomach (in between the fear and tears a rage develops that is so raw), that you heard another plane just hit the Pentagon, that there were other unaccounted for planes, that there were possible other terror plans being hatched in Manhattan - you have no idea of what it was like.

My daughters friend has not been back to school since, after seeing the second plane hit and watching the people jump and hearing the sound of a human skulls exploding like a bombs on the concrete 1/4 mile beneath from were the leaped.

Our media is chicken shit. We need to see those images daily - that is what we are fighting. You know, you have seen it yourselves when "they" protest things like the images of "their" "profit", and they have placards like "waiting for the mushroom cloud over Manhattan", "behead those that that don't believe", etc, etc. Those same people that beheaded Daniel Pearl, etc. The same people who destroy Mosques and blow up Korans and innocent people....

We better wake up - or - those that don't believe we are in a War on Terror - better wake up. This is not a good fight - this is a necessary fight. It won't be quick, it won't be without errors. It must be fought now, before they get WMD's - like Iran.

They all need to be killed or captured and neutered - not granted habeus corpus rights... I am tired of seeing these animals being given more sympathy and understanding than the those they sent to their deaths 5 years ago.

Done.

I don't want to see it - I lived it - but I will see it and make sure my kids see it and everyone else I can convince to see it. There should be follow-up movies too - of the heroism I witnessed - of firemen running into the towers knowing they were not coming out. The firehouse next to my office lost NINE men. They should make a move of that stuff - of what it is like to be an American, a public employee, and how brave and unselfish they were. G-d bless them and their families.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ebert and Roper reviewed the film over the weekend I think (DVR, time is irrelevent). The ypraised the film. And not for the emotion or the topic, but for the filmmaking itself. They said that the film doesn't try to draw it's own conclusions or sensationalize the events. It just reports it more like a documentary. And many of the people on the ground that day play themselves in the movie like flight controlelrs and airway officials and whatnot.

7. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 25 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]244959[/snapback]</div>
    Damn straight.

8. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Apr 25 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]244973[/snapback]</div>
    I might be in a minority here, I've seen many documentaries on the tragedy so far. I don't need to resort to seeing a flick that looks like an exploitation of human tragedy. Does anyone think that seeing this film would make me a better person, a better patriot, will I better understand the depth of human cruelty? What have I missed so far from all info documented about this tragedy that I have to see a COMMERCIAL film for PROFIT in order to have a better understanding? What happens with the profits of this film by the way? If this is for a charity of some kind, I may retract my stance if it is. To me tragedy is still too fresh, therefore a bit distasteful in a form of commercial film. My personal take, no offense to others having opposite point of view.

:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]244985[/snapback]</div>
    The problem is nobody knows who and were the 'f.....s' are to fight, will this film help identifing them?

Or you intending randomly label here there for quick appeasing purpose after seeing the film, just to relieve the angst.

Cool your jets, think first, properly identify and then take an action.

;)

9. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 25 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]244990[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes: Well, maybe MOST people don't sit around and watch "many" documentaries on this tragedy. Unfortunately, the world doesn't revolve around you and your watching habits, and the people SHOULD be exposed to the heroes of that day, regardless of any issue of profit (but we thank you for your pretentious "higher ground" commentary nonetheless).

Perhaps you'd prefer a national screening of the "atrocities" the Bush administration has committed at Abu Gharib, or something amongst those lines instead?

No, the problem is people like you and other various ardent liberally minded individuals, THINK you understand the "correct" way to deal with this, and adhere to this false ideal that only the ones "responsible" should be punished... Well, I hate to tell you, there's a looooooong line of individuals and entities "responsible", whether by direct responsibility or implication, and varying grades thereof. So you sit there, spin your wheels working out who is precisely responsible under what conditions. Well, the mob had/has the perfect solution for this:

It's called sending a message.

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]245013[/snapback]</div>
    I always thought that was the definition of justice- that the one who is responsible is punished for his own actions. Am I missing something?

Oh, now I understand. It's sending the message that's important, like the mob does. It doesn't actually matter if the subject of our attack was actually responsible for the crime.

So why didn't we just bomb Canada instead? At least they're closer.

11. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

Personally, I'm concerned about a film that "looks like a documentary". Hollywood can never leave a real story alone. They always have to "change" things. I'm troubled by the "entertainment industry" taking on a production so close to "a nerve". I also don't like the idea of "everyone having to see" something like this. We all know what happened and different people deal with these things in their own way. The underlying theme here is that we are all vulerable, and no one likes to face up to that. Yes, most of us in the U.S. would like nothing more than to wipe out all the terrorists. Unfortunately, this is akin to trying to remove a recessive gene from a population, impossible. What we have to strive for is less mindless hatred and violence. Right now we're trapped in a cycle of violence that feeds upon itself. We're creating terrorists every day. We are glorifying the suicide bombers as we incite their colleagues. The war on terror is being lost. The evidence is in the paper every day. The number of incidents is increasing not decreasing. These fools are emboldened by the news that they've just killed 20 people by only losing one of their own. In "the good old days", these fanatics could coalesce on their hatred of Israel. Then Russia added to the mix with their invasion of Afghanistan. Israel turned out to be difficult to work with and kept putting a stick in their eye if they got too close. Russia turned out to be a much easier target, a big lumbering oaf that had a big bureacracy and a small budget. Now the U.S. has stepped in and has become the new target for unbridled hatred. We have invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. We've done this in the name of human rights with the idea of bringing democracy to this part of the world. We want to infect these people with a desire for democracy but it isn't working. The cultures are too different. These cultures are still too close to their heritage of chieftains and religious sectarianism. They're used to being told what to do. They're like a smoker who knows that smoking is dangerous yet they still smoke. We can't force democracy on these people amd what we seem to find but try to ignore is that every time we remove a totalitarian regime in this part of the world, it is soon replaced by a religion based government. Why? Because these people want rules to live by, just as children want rules to live by. With the dictators removed, the vacuum created pulls in the religious fanatics who "have the answer" for the people. And if you're not of their sect or religion, then you're not fit to live. Do we really think we're going to change that? If you do, then you will also believe that seeing a Hollywood movie about 911 will be of some real value.

12. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]245013[/snapback]</div>
    BS, Squidly and you don't have to remind me anything via any film. I'm a New Yorker myself and I had a share of experience of the tragedy myself. So your flame is lame :blink:

Resort to something more constructive as you losing it squidly boy ;)

Pathetic that one has to be exposed to another message, when the message is CLEAR from the day one. :rolleyes:

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :)
    The problem is nobody knows who and were the 'f.....s' are to fight, will this film help identifing them?

Or you intending randomly label here there for quick appeasing purpose after seeing the film, just to relieve the angst.

Cool your jets, think first, properly identify and then take an action.

;)
    [/quote]

I can tell you who they are.. They are the ones shooting at our soldiers in Iraq - the ones blowing up tourist resorts in Egypt - the ones blowing up pizzarias in Israel. You know, those guys with the placards that want us to die - .

No quick labeling. They are the ones hiding behind women and children - and shooting at us from behind skirts and red wagons.

My jets are as cool as the ones crashed into the WTC's. No need to be the village idiot and wait for them to attack us again - we tried that already --- WTC I (1993), Embassy bombings, Somalia and the USS Cole. Every time we cooled our jets and let those with great insight and intellect properly think and take action --THEY NEVER TOOK ACTION. I am tired of burying Americans and other innocent civilians. My opinion is to take action now and not wait for them to get nukes.. Your thoughts on that one??? You think Bush should let Iran go nuclear????

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What about that muslim that lives next door...is he a terrorist? We don't know who they are. Some are obvious, some aren't so much. Blanket hatred isn't going to fix the problem.

I'm in agreement about the awareness and taking the fight to 'them'...but do suggest that we know who 'them' is is incorrect. It's far far more complicated than that.

15. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 25 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]245021[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, and most of the US aren't New Yorkers... Is there something about that you don't understand (kind of like not figuring out ghostofjk was jack06 :lol: )? ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 25 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]245049[/snapback]</div>
    Neither is foolish indecisiveness.

Has it ever occurred to you we many never know WHOM exactly THEY are?

IMO, I'd rather toss out of the US an entire demographic than be subject to another 9/11.

No such thing as perfection, "gotta break a few eggs if you want to make an omlett..."

16. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]245075[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'd rather have a society that's inclusive than to exclude an entire 'demographic'...lest my 'demographic' becomes the next object of our society's paranoia.

Yes, I'm very well aware that we will never know exactly whom 'they' are...

And I never suggested 'foolish' indecisiveness. But blind action is, IMO, the greater sin.

17. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you put too many rats in a cage, they start eating each other.
    _H*

18. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 25 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]244990[/snapback]</div>
    I tend to agree with you...too bad you will miss that since you said you were ignoring me.

19. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 25 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]245038[/snapback]</div>
    Body, you're too emotional, relax... :angry:

You care to meet me tonight, I let you shoot me if you think it's neccessary to undermind my share of this tragedy.

Back off, reason first then hit the trigger "RIGHTARD" :p

Get lost :p

20. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]245075[/snapback]</div>
    It's not the point hailing around how you figured this out, there is something called having a certain respect to the one who may wish to stay quiet about it, as that is what I figured long ago.
    One has to be equipped with some kind of cognition to comprehend that squidly boy, you fail to present that over and over, you're nothing but little trolling diddlysquater and little fascist wanna be. Sadly I think you would even get rejected from wearing a brown shirt, go and resort into heavy stomping around.

Go on... ;)