1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transfer contacts to a Galaxy S3 phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jattor, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jattor

jattor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I want to transfer the contacts on my 2004 Prius to my Galaxy s3 phone. I can sync from the phone to the Prius, but want to do it the other way around... from Prius to phone. I cannot find a way to do this. Anyone know how?

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You are in the 2012-up Prius v (van/wagon) part of Priuschat.

I've been messing with Bluetooth systems for nearly 10 years and I have yet to see one that allows sending contacts to a cell phone. If you still have the cell phone that was used to load the contacts into your Prius Bluetooth system, you might be able to upload the contacts to a service like Google Gmail and then download them to your Galaxy S3. Or have your cell phone provider transfer the contacts from the old phone to the new - a common and usually free service. You don't necessarily even need the old phone - just its SIM card unless it is non-GSM and doesn't have one.

The Galaxy S3 is certainly a cool phone isn't it? It's A2DP Bluetooth works seemlessly to stream music stored on the phone or Internet radio (TuneIn, Pandora, etc.) to the audio system in our Prius v wagon. No need to use Entune.

Justdidit likes this.
  3. jasdaller

jasdaller New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Five
    You can use this MobiKin android manager tool to add data to your samsung phone.

#3 jasdaller, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, you've tested this software in a Prius. If you haven't, it is not really a solution.