1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transfer failed

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by tanasit, Jun 22, 2012.

1. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    About a week ago, when I tried to update the contact from my cell phone I got the error message that says, "transfer failed". There is no option to edit or add the contacts via the touch screen, except delete. The phone connected and works fine through the screen though.
    Anyone has any suggestions for this problem?
    I really have to update my contact list.

Thanks,

2. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What phone? USB or BT?

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Happens to me occasionally. A bug with conventional phones using bluetooth (Nokia or Motorola in my case). My wife's IPhone 4s works well. The same conventional phones work flawlessly with bluetooth in our 08 Prius.

Solution? Delete. Not contacts but delete all personal settings on the Entune. It will then require you to pair the phones again (normal new phone pairing procedure required) and it will either ask to download contacts or it will do it automatically depending on your phone setup. This process does not take too long but don't interrupt it until it's done downloading.

Downside? All of your radio and satellite presets will be gone so write these down to ease the resetting of the presets. Your Nav favorites (saved locations) will be gone, write these down also.

Interesting note: Had the Enture 1.84 firmware update installed by the dealer. This did not clear anything.

eforlds likes this.
  4. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a plain Jane Sanyo, no apps, no Entune, no radio setting either but a few favorite destinations.
    Not sure how to go about deleting the personal setting but will try and report back.
    Good thing, the Nav phone still works!
    Thanks,

Update: I deleted the Personal Data, reconnect the phone, manage contacts, transfer contacts: then wait and wait but still "0" contact transferred. Repeat the whole process, turn off the power, and turn the power back on, the phone call works fine but can not transfer. I can however add new contact to the Nav by touching the screen (before I did not have this option)??, entering name and number. No phone call history transferred either.

5. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Go into bluetooth and remove the device, then repair it and it will import your phone book again.

6. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I did that too (remove Car Multimedia device) but to no avail..
    But what do you mean by "repair it"?

Thanks,

7. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Unpair the bluetooth phone, then pair it again. Pairing is the process of getting the car to recognize your phone.

8. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I see you mean re-pair which I already did 3 times; both removing the Bluetooth device (Car Multimedia) from the phone and remove my phone from the Nav. Then I paired them up successfully ( phone works) but when it's time to transfer the contact, it froze at 0. I did wait a good 5 minutes or so but no changes and I only have about 100 contacts.

Thanks

9. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Try to find what contact the transfer stopped on. Is it the same one each time? There may be a bad character in the contact after the last one that transferred successfully. Try to edit out any weird characters or delete the suspect contact and do what you have to do to do the transfer again.

Good luck trouble shooting.

10. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Zero contact transferred! It froze at 0 every time. When power on, it says,"phone connection successful", then the phone works as normal.
    Before I can NOT even ADD contact via the Nav but had to move the contacts from the phone. Now I have the option to manually add new contact as well as the transfer but the transfer doesn't work.
    I forgot to check if the phone history was transferred.

Thanks,

11. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Now I see the zero contacts transferred from you earlier post. So you could still edit or delete the first contact on you phone to try to eliminate a bad character in a contact therory. If you post your exact Sanyo phone model, we can search for others with similar problems.

12. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

It is SANYO SCP-3810 . I will try edit or delete the first contact and look for the bad character and report back.
    Thanks,

13. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Maybe you can initiate the transfer from the phone. Here is the procedure:

You can send Contacts data and Name Cards to or exchange Name Cards with another Bluetooth device, such as a computer, PDA, or phone.
    Sending Contacts1. From the Bluetooth menu, select Trusted Devices, and select a device (computer, PDA, or phone) from the list. 2. Press TRANSFER... (left softkey) > Send Contacts. 3. Select an option:  Send All Contacts to send all the entries in your Contacts.  Select Contacts to send selected entries. After you have selected entries by checking the box next to each entry, press CONTINUE (left softkey). 4. Read the message and press SEND (left softkey).

14. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Today I went to the garage but the phone was still in my wife's purse. After the power on and ready, I suddenly saw the message "transferred completed"! I hadn't done anything but left "auto transfer" as default. Next, I edited one of the contact on the phone and did the update contact and it went through.

Anyway, Chazz8 I will keep your instruction above just in case. Thanks,

15. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm just glad you got the transfer to go through after all that work. Then it just works for no obvious reason. That is technology for you. I swear you can solve any computer problem %50 of the time with a reboot.

16. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks and perhaps another 40% by unplug or cold boot it to summon the DISKCHK and such.

17. willyag

willyag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm really not sure if this is a fix, but after I changed a contact on my phone from "Home" to "HomePhone", the error "transfer failed" went away and all the contacts transfered OK. Maybe "Home" is a reserved word?