1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transfer phone book - BB7290

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kboxnard, Oct 18, 2005.

1. kboxnard

kboxnard New Member

I'm unable to transfer a phone book from my BlackBerry 7290 to the Prius. I created a "short" phone book in Outlook (only name and phone number - less than 200 entries, each with only one phone number), but can't find a way to "send" the phone book from the BB to the Prius. The devices are paired, I can make and receive phone calls fine. BTW - I never see the "ADD" or "OVERWRITE" screen - just a message saying to send the phonebook from my phone. Anyone succeed with a BB?

2. kpauley

kpauley New Member

There are some threads on this, search for Blackberry +Bluetooth. One that I have been posting in recently is here: Laptop thread

In short, BB's are mostly designed for corporate use and they are built with limited Bluetooth functionality for security purposes. Due to that, no file transfer is available, including sending phone entries.

The work around is to introduce a laptop to the mix to send the entries, that's the info you will find in the thread above, however it is pretty complex.

The other alternative is to use another phone just for the transfer. The Prius phone book is not tied to the phone you are using. So if you get all of the phone numbers you are wanting to use into your phone's SIM (assuming it has a SIM chip), then you can simply borrow a friends phone that has Bluetooth. Put your SIM in it and pair the phone with your car, then transfer the numbers.

Keep in mind it supports 9 digits in the name field too.

Hope that helps. Watch the other thread if you have a laptop w/bluetooth, I'm trying to do more there.

Ken

3. Airgetlam

Airgetlam Junior Member

I found it just as easy to send over the individual contacts to fill in my 1 touch dial pad, as I didn't need to get my whole phone number list in my car.