1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transfering Phone Book From LG VX8600 to '05 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rhody Jim, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Rhody Jim

Rhody Jim Junior Member

I decided to attempt phonebook transfer this weekend from my LG VX8600 to my '05 Prius. I have Verizon service. Of course, I was not able to transfer the phonebook in it's entirety but transfering one contact at a time worked great...for a while.
    After I had transfered approximately fifty numbers, I shut the Prius down and went in the house to eat. When I returned and followed the exact same proceedure as before, I could not transfer any contacts.
    My phone will not show the same transfer screen...the send contact option was not there...as it was when I was successful. Each time that I select 'transfer contact' the phone keeps giving me a message that 'the bluetooth device has been disconnected'. I contacted LG and, they weren't any help and the paranoid folks at Verizon were useless.
    Anyway, after many attempts, I have given up.
    If anyone out there has had the same experience and possibly stumbled on to a solution then, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.
    The numbers that I was able to transfer fuction fine...in fact, the entire system works great...I just can't seem to do additional transfers.

2. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rhody Jim @ Jan 22 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]379081[/snapback]</div>
    I have the same phone, but a 2004 Prius rather than a 2005. I've never been able to get the send contact option. And I'm seeing the same as you -- when I select "transfer contact" the phone gives me the disconnect message.

One thing I was wondering -- does it matter what Device Name is chosen? In the Bluetooth Settings screen on the Prius, it lists the "Device Name". If you hit the "Change" button, I see "Hands-Free", "Integrated Hands-Free", "Bluetooth Hands-Free" and "Wireless Hands-Free". Is this just to provide you with different names, or is there a real difference between these?

3. Rhody Jim

Rhody Jim Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rlcarr @ Jan 22 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]379086[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think that it makes any difference...Mine says 'Hands Free'...always has and, I've never changed it. This is all very strange...I can't explain why it worked so flawlessly when I made the original pairing to the Prius but, it did. I just wish I could get it to do it again?????????

4. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member

And to other people reading the thread, according to Verizon's own list of what BT profiles they're allowing and which they've crippled, the VX8600 does support OPP for vCard.