1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

transferring calls to and from Prius and bluetooth phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pcjr, Jul 2, 2005.

1. pcjr

pcjr New Member

If I'm on my phone and want to transfer the exisiting call to the Prius, how do I do that? Or if I take a call from the Prius and get out of the car how do I transfer the call to my phone?

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Different model phone have different procedures. My Sprint LG PM-325 has an in call menu with an "Audio transfer" command.

3. pcjr

pcjr New Member

Hmm, interesting, it's just that with my Jabra headset it looks like there is a way to hand off the call between the headset and the phone. So I thought it was on the hands free side that offered the feature, i.e., on the Prius side. I have a Sony Ericsson T610. Anyone else tried the bluetooth call handoff with this phone?

4. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

IsrAmeriPrius: I am getting a phone in a couple of weeks and was once considering the LG 325. Do you have specific instructions on transfer. Letstalk.com doesn't have Sprint.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

Don't mean to hijack the thread here but, since everyone seems to rag on the V710, here's the procedure:

1) Transferring to car: automatic.....no user intervention necessary.

2) Transferring to phone (after powering down car): phone displays, "Bluetooth signal weak, use handset?" Hit "Yes" and the call is transferred to the phone.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I would not get the LG PM-325 for its (crippled) Bluetooth functions. We get a 25% corporate discount with Sprint through my wife's employer. The PM-325 is currently the only affordable Bluetooth option with Sprint.

The user guide is pathetic. Most of what I know about operating the phone I learned by trial and error. That being said, while the phone is connected to the car through the Bluetooth connection during a call, a menu displays. One of its options is Audio Transfer. This will shift the call to and from the Handsfree system. Unlike some of the other phones I have seen discussed here, the PM-325 does not automatically transfer calls to and from the Handsfree system as the Bluetooth connection is established and terminated.

7. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

Thanks. I will stick to my researched choice, the V-551 with Cingular from Letstalk.com.