1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transferring Entire Phone Book to Car Simultaneously

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by opossum, Jul 21, 2007.

1. opossum

opossum Junior Member

If you're using a PDA phone that runs Windows Mobile 5, 6 or 2003 SE, you'll need to download a software utility in order to transfer multiple phone numbers to your Prius simultaneously. The alternative is to transfer the phone numbers one by one (which is extremely time consuming) or buy a different phone (which usually isn't your first choice).

Most of the information contained below has already been posted in prior threads, both here and on PriusOnline. Having all the information in a single place, however, would have been really nice when I was transferring my phone numbers today. There were also a few details missing that only added to the amount of time it took me to finish this job. With that said, here is a somewhat comprehensive guide for transferring all of your phone numbers to your Prius over bluetooth for phones running Windows Mobile 5, 6 or 2003 SE.

Car: 2007 Toyota Prius (Package #3 or higher)
    Connectivity: Bluetooth
    Phone: Any phone running Windows Mobile 5, 6 or 2003 SE
    Software Needed: JETware (http://www.jetwaremobile.com/) - 30-day free trial, $14.95 to buy

1. Go to the link above to acquire the needed software. Click on the appropriate link to download the installation file for your phone and Windows Mobile version. If you downloaded the file from your computer, transfer it to your phone. Once on your phone, open the file to install the program.

2. Set up the Prius to accept the bluetooth data transfer: INFO > Telephone > Settings > Phone Book > Transfer Data > (Select a group).

3. Open the program you just installed on your phone, which will probably be titled Hands-Free Config.

4. On the opening screen, make sure the checkbox is selected for Turn on Bluetooth.

5. Select Menu > Phonebook options.

6. Select the categories of contacts you wish to transfer to the Prius. If your contacts are not organized by any categories, simply make sure the single checkbox is selected for (contacts with no categories).

7. Select Menu > Set limits.

8. The first checkbox will allow you to include or exclude fax numbers when transferring numbers to the Prius. The second checkbox will allow you to limit the number of items transferred to the Prius. The Prius will store up to 1000 entries, with each entry containing 2 phone numbers. You probably won't have enough contacts to exceed this limit. If you do, you should probably limit the information transferred based on the categories (see step 6 above). Nevertheless, these limits are here if you choose to use them. When you're done setting the options on this screen, select Done.

9. Select Menu > Send Contacts.

10. Set the contact options as follows:
    • Uncheck the checkbox for Send each number as separate vCard.
    • Max numbers per contact: Set this to 100. The Prius will then automatically limit each contact to 2 phone numbers. If you have more than two phone numbers for any given contact, don't worry. The Prius will simply provide multiple entries for the same contact so that each phone number is available.
    • Max name length: Set this to 20. This is the limit in the Prius phone book.
    • Format: Choose whatever format you like. I chose First Last.
    • Encoding: Set to 8-Bit.
    11. When your options are set, select Done.

12. A confirmation screen will appear. Select Yes to begin transferring the data to your Prius.

13. When the transfer is done, check the phone book on your Prius and confirm that the names and numbers appear to have transferred correctly.

I hope this helps. If anyone has any feedback on additional Prius model compatibility or general questions or comments, drop me an email or private message and I'll update this information.

mason

2. marco5570

marco5570 New Member

Follwed your instructions, but the only thing that transfers are the numbers, no names. Any idea why?
    Saw a post on the forum for JetWare for the Lexus 350 with the same problem.
    Thanks in advance

3. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

I had the same results as hideaway..........nothing but numbers 680 :mellow:

4. marco5570

marco5570 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(08NWPrius @ Oct 5 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]522037[/snapback]</div>
    Got it to work. Change the number of characters in the name to transfer to "100". All contacts were sent in a few seconds. I guess the character field starts from the back during the transfer. Let me know if this works.

5. popgadget

popgadget Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I found that when I used the "Last,First" option, contacts that only had a company name came through without a name. Using "file as" cured that. I found that the name length did not make anydifference, I ended up just leaving it at 0 rather than the suggested 20 and it worked fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(popgadget @ Oct 6 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]522282[/snapback]</div>
    I forgot to mention that I have an 06 with leather, nav and JBL. I am not sure what package that would be.
    I am using a T-Mobile Wing running WM 6 and have the Lockpick 3+ installed. Everything works as advertised.

6. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

I followed the instructions much more closely and poof it WORKED!!! :D Thanks you saved me countless hours of transferring numbers!