1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transferring favorites from Garmin to Entune Map App

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by jejennings, Oct 31, 2012.

1. jejennings

jejennings New Member

Just took delivery of a Prius V with the Entune system installed. I have been using a Garmin in which I have entered hundreds of "favorite" addresses. How can I transfer these from my Garmin to the Entune Map app????

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    One by one, unfortunately. If you want to try, you could attempt voice entry and then save. For example, press the voice button and state "Destination 1002 Maple St Austin Texas". The system will pause then repeat back and sometimes ask if #1 Maple Tree or #2 Maple Syrup or #3 Mariposa St or #4 Marty McFly is correct....

3. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    That's what I had to do with my Garmin: one by one. Pain in the bucket seat.

4. mandasol

mandasol Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If you have a smartphone you can save a little extra time by downloading the entune app, then searching for each location using the bing search within the app and saving that location, later you can sync the addresses to the entune system in your car. I can enter and find locations way faster on my phone than I can using the touch screen or voice recognition with the car.

5. mdchachi

mdchachi New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can I ask a silly question? Why do you save so many addresses? Navigation is generally used for places you don't know well. If you know how to get there, you probably don't need to save the address. Anyway I'm just curious as to why so many, thanks. BTW, I think the Entune system only saves up to 100 so if you really have hundreds, you may be out of luck.

6. tim1964

tim1964 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    I would like to know also but using TomTom POIs instead.

On my TT I have thousands of electricity distribution sites covering 1000+ sq miles that I need to be able to find and to save using both the TT and the NAV in the V would be ideal.

7. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you Display Audio with Nav? there is a import/export function somewhere under Setup->General.

In theory, U could do the below
    google "export garmin fav address".
    Once you get it into a file format attempt to format it to the format the entune likes on your PC.
    bring it back to Entune system and import it. Done!