1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transferring WM6 phonebook to Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nucdave, Mar 29, 2008.

1. nucdave

nucdave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2005 Prius and a new Verizon Samsung SCHI760 (WM6). Does anyone know how to transfer the phonebook? There is no transfer phonebook choice, only individual contacts. Thanks.

2. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just recently got a Sprint Mogul (aka HTC Titan, aka PPC 6800) running WM6. I did look it up on toyota.letstalk.com and it does say it is not compatible with transferring an entire phone book at a time, but it is compatible with all other funtions including transferring individual contacts. I've tried to transfer even an individual contact and haven't figured that part out yet. When I select the options on a single contact it only gives me the choice to beam the contact, no bluetooth transfer choice. However, I do recall something about having to go into the phone book in the Prius or something and setting it into a mode to receive contacts. Maybe that's what I was missing. I'll have to give it a try when I have time.

3. nucdave

nucdave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. I was afraid this was the case. I will also post on my PDA Phone forum and see if there is any workaround. I also have the same problem as you when I even try and transfer a single contact. I did set the car to receive the phonebook but it then says I have to transfer from the phone...

4. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know it's not intuitive, but you DO select "Beam" for BT. It lumps BT and IR together in that sense. You should get the Prius "ready" to accept a contact first, then beam it from the phone.

Good luck!

5. nucdave

nucdave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hmmm. Tried that. It says searching for device on the phone but nothing comes up in the list then it just freezes in that mode. And the bluetooth is clearly connected. I can make calls through the car, just no phone book.