1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transmission fill plug behind driver's side wheel?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chris Perry, Jul 4, 2024 at 11:36 AM.

1. Chris Perry

Chris Perry New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just changed my tranny fluid and when I refilled it I used a fill plug on the upper driver's side of the transmission (behind the tire) to put my 4 qts in. It was a 10mm hex bolt, just like the drain plug. It did not have a crush washer on it.

Then I was re-reading the directions and everyone says to fill the transmission from the 24mm plug that is in the center of the transmission. I guess I should have re-read the directions before I did it.

Anyway, all the fluid seems to have gone in. I drove it around and it seemed alright. What do you think? Is it okay, or did I mess it up?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The only thing that's important here is that you get the right amount of fluid in the transmission and it doesn't come back out onto the ground so mission accomplished and that's that I would imagine no matter how you got it in there it's in there.