1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transmission Fluid

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SarahK23, Apr 2, 2016.

1. SarahK23

SarahK23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hey, I just took my car in for maintenance at 68,000. I have had the car for a year and they just told me thats its dirty and needs to be changed. I also read that it can go up to 90,000. also, is this something I can do myself??

Also, since Ive got the car Ive only put about 10,000.00 miles on it.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! it's not required, and i doubt it's dirty. that being said, some veterans here feel it's a good idea every so often. you can do it yourself, and it's quite easy. there are plenty of threads here with instructions and pictures. how much do they want to do it? a decent price is around $100. all the best!(y)

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Since it is used, you really have no idea what the previous owner did or did not do unless they had the service done at a toyota dealer, then you can look here: Sign-In (you have to register your VIN to see history)

Toyota has no scheduled interval to change the ATF WS, I personally recommend 30,000 miles, then 90,000 miles, then every 90,000 miles, but I am just some guy on the internet.

Prius C Tranmission/Transaxle/HSD Oil Change | PriusChat

(My dealer did my ATF change for $90, then $110, then $90. so that is a good neighborhood if you fall for your dealer's pressure. I would get a second opinion)

#3 JimboPalmer, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016