1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transmission P . Park on flat surface and apply parking brake completely

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Susanpriuspa, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Susanpriuspa

Susanpriuspa New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi! I’m
    Completely new to the Prius family . Purchased a 2006 Prius with 178,000 for 1200$ thought a great deal considering all the comparables out there. Anyway, 2 days after purchase red triangle warning light with the transmission P there’s an issue with parking mechanism. Park on flat surface . I immediately took to dealer where they put on diagnostics and said it was 12v battery . Replaced for 309$ and it ran great for 2 days. Same warning just popped back up. I have been reading this happens to some when it’s wet or cold out? There no other issues at all , runs great parks great . Any others experience this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

have the battery load tested for free at an auto parts store. might be a bad connection or some corrosion at the ecu, iirc.

all the best!

3. Susanpriuspa

Susanpriuspa New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two

4. Susanpriuspa

Susanpriuspa New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you! I’ll check that.

bisco likes this.
  5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Or the car has a big parasitic load draining the battery. First thing to do is to check the 12v voltage. From the front jump points. Jumping from the back can cause major damage as it is easier to reverse polarity.

Attached Files: